Author Topic: Ballistics  (Read 3378 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
Ballistics
« on: February 07, 2013, 04:55:22 PM »
Michael - Great Show!  Honest reactions and emotions are fun to watch as well.  Let me know if you need help making empty brass for a living - I'm here to serve  ;D

I am not questioning your results, but I was surprised by the lack of penetration on your 500.  I shoot a S&W 500 6" PC.  When people ask me what I do with it I could tell them about the deer I take with it, or my plans for bear (was going to use on my first bear, but I couldn't take it into Canada), but I do tell them it is my plinker.  I set up old 20 lb lp tanks at 100 yards and blast away.  

330 gr RN-FP rated at 1350 fps (I've never chronoed the rounds) will punch a thumb sized hole in and out each and every time.  I hit high once and it went through the thin handle steel, but the bullet made up for it by snapping the valve off and tearing the handle off the other side of the tank.

I hate going to the Co-op and finding out that the government has changed their tank regulations right up until it means a plentiful supply of new plinking targets  ;D

Old photo:  It now sports an Eotech.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
Re: Ballistics
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 06:30:23 PM »
Fixin' to head to the den shortly and give a look.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk