Author Topic: Favorite AR-15 Rear sight and why...  (Read 3249 times)

patrick_ford

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Favorite AR-15 Rear sight and why...
« on: December 03, 2008, 05:10:01 PM »
I have a UTG flip up rear sight that I would like to replace on my flattop AR-15. I have a couple ideas on what I would like but would like to hear from you fine gentelmen about your preferences.

I do want a flip up as it will become a back-up as soon as I can afford some sort of reflex sight. I think tritium inserts would also be a nice touch.

Thanks,

Patrick
"Till now man has been up against Nature, from now on he will be up against his own nature."

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Favorite AR-15 Rear sight and why...
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 11:32:13 PM »
I like the idea behind the two aperture sight, (large 'ghost' ring and small aperture for finer target work) that are in the same plane.
Once zeroed they both hit the same spot.

Like: http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=64&parents=38,40

Or: http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=199&parents=38,40

I'm sure there are a ton out there but these are the ones I'm currently considering.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 12:05:36 AM »
I have the Troy industries set up and it is very good and very strong, easy to pop up, and takes determination to fold down, excellent quality, I like the look of the matech, because it has elevation out to 600 yards, but in my primary rifle, that is really not a problem, trouble will probably be in my face to 200 yards.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 08:39:03 AM »
If you have tritium sights, even if it's just a tritium front sight, you need a large apeture rear. The night vision area of your eye isn't in the middle and your pupil dilates to let you use the off-center part. A small aperture is almost impossible to see through when it's dark enough to use the night sights.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk