Author Topic: Amazing Interview With Carlos Hathcock  (Read 8361 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Amazing Interview With Carlos Hathcock
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:35:34 AM »
Here's a 3 part interview with Gunnery Sgt. Hathcock. An amazing sniper, that has an unbelievable wealth of natural shooting ability, and wit.  He refers to the enemy as "hamburgers", and his use of other terms are truly from his hunting roots.

He goes into tactics, ranges, and other "details" of some missions he completed.

Some amazing info, by a real legend. Thought some that haven't seen it, would enjoy, and those that have, watch it again like I did.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
Re: Amazing Interview With Carlos Hathcock
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 08:46:28 AM »
Nice. Thanks for posting these.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 11:37:02 PM »
Nice, it gives a little glimpse of what it takes to not only shoot well, but the attitude that must be attained to do it well.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 07:23:43 AM »

This is a clip from "Snipers...Deadliest Missions" that aired on the History Channel yesterday. It was 2 hours long, and was excellent. I just checked and it won't be airing again for at least 2 weeks. Keep an eye open because eventually I'm sure it will re air. When it does be sure to record it. This was one of the best sniper shows I've ever seen!  Bill T.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 08:55:11 PM »
I have caught Snipers: Deadliest Missions in pieces a few times this fall.  Never from beginning to end, but most of it as hit and miss.  It is very good - especially the story of the helicopter crash and the bravery exhibited!

I will be trying to catch it when I can pay attention and enjoy it from start to finish.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:22:36 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 09:00:34 PM »
I have caught Snipers: Deadliest Missions in pieces a few times this fall.  Never from beginning to end, but most of it as hit and miss.  It is very good - especially the story of the helicopter crash and the bravery exhibited!

I will be trying to catch it when I can pay attention and enjoy it from start to finish.

Sgt's Shugart and Gordon in Mogadishu, They definitely deserved their Medals of Honor. As far as I know they were the first to be awarded outside a declared war since before WWI. (I could be wrong on that, and would appreciate if some one corrected me )

Jackel

• life member of the American Honketonk bar association
  • Top Forum Member
  • F150 n' a 30-06
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 07:44:02 PM »

did you see a closing to that part? i dont know if it was just my tv but the credits came on before we find out what happens.  ???
you are a redneck when You think "loading the dishwasher" means getting your wife drunk.

You know your a redneck You ever got too drunk to fish.

tombogan03884

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 01:54:25 AM »
did you see a closing to that part? i dont know if it was just my tv but the credits came on before we find out what happens.  ???

From what Mark Bowden wrote in "Black Hawk Down" that is pretty much how it worked out, The Chopper Pilot, who was fading in and out , heard shooting, then didn't hear any more shots and then got taken prisoner, as far as I know with out going back to the book, neither mans body was ever found.

breezzer99

• Active Forum Member
  • trust your finger it says I twitch you die
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2011, 11:15:03 AM »
mr white feather is a God among insects he is great!

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »
Sgt's Shugart and Gordon in Mogadishu, They definitely deserved their Medals of Honor. As far as I know they were the first to be awarded outside a declared war since before WWI. (I could be wrong on that, and would appreciate if some one corrected me )
They were awarded in Korea and Vietnam (not sure if thats your defnition of "declared" or not).
FQ13

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk