Author Topic: Bug Out Gun  (Read 17163 times)

ExurbanKevin

• Working on Gun Culture 2.1RC3
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • There are CZ's, and there's everything else
    • Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Bug Out Gun
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2014, 03:27:42 PM »
HEADS UP: If you want a Sig PSB pistol brace by itself and not with the buffer tube, et al, now is the time to get one.

Like, within the next 72 hours. Sig is changing some things, and when the news breaks, I expect people to snatch them up quickly.
I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2014, 08:43:35 AM »
I've thought about it and decided the pistol brace (faux, short stock) just isn't worth the weight and volume.   My objective is to keep it very compact and light.

It's easy enough to make a stock for an AR if the situation warrants.   

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2014, 10:42:49 AM »
(On the other hand - referring to the Mosin-Nagant project)

The AR pistol project is great.    Here's a 9 shot group.  Only from 25yds and indoors, but the rifle was only supported by a wooden V notch on the bench in the front.   I was till holding it in the rear with no sand-bags.   I'm pleased.   Will do a final picture after Christmas when I get my Multitasker tool and mag pouches to go with it.  Maybe I'll go to a longer range, if I get the Mosin fixed too.

just under 1.5" spread.
Will work for ammo

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2014, 12:59:18 PM »
Wow .

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2014, 09:01:24 PM »
I have my days.   

My first day on the rifle range in military was one of them.  Too long a story to type, but basically I shot 5 shot first string about like that from 100yds.  Rattled the Training Instructor.   Of course the next 65 shots were nowhere near that good, but for a brief, shining moment...

On the other hand my groups with the 625 revolver (.45acp) Friday were pretty deplorable.  You're not going to see any pictures of them.
Will work for ammo

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:39:52 PM »

Timothy

« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2014, 10:02:48 PM »
It was much the same when I first qualified on the 1911 in 77.  Scored  280 something on my first qual!  Couldn't match that on my re-qual but I was close enuf for my medal.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2014, 04:28:48 AM »
A new letter issued by the ATF to a custom shotgun shop could signal a change in the way the SIG Brace is being treated by the ATF. According to the letter, addressed to Black Aces Tactical, a custom shotgun shop, it appears to call into question the act of shouldering a firearm equipped with the brace.

You just gotta' love the way the ATF thinks. Just how in the hell did they think people were going to use these things? If it looks like a duck....... It's much the same as these trigger devices that get around the whole full auto thing. If any of these things work as designed, as soon as they sell 20,000 of them, they right away start crying and want to rescind their, "Letter Of Approval". Just who the hell is running the show over there? They need to borrow Mr. MaGoo's glasses.

mortdooley

• The U.S. Constitution poses no serious threat to our form of government..
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2014, 08:20:55 AM »
 That ATF letter of approval can be replaced with a new letter changing the legal standing at any time. A friend had a Ingles Hi-Power with a slotted grip and a repo stock that was legal without any restrictions before a new letter made the combination a regulated item!  Never take the strap off the Sig brace it could be looked at a stock at that point.
“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

- – Voltaire

You don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. Just get people to stop reading them.--Ray Bradbury

tombogan03884

« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2014, 11:13:47 AM »
That ATF letter of approval can be replaced with a new letter changing the legal standing at any time. A friend had a Ingles Hi-Power with a slotted grip and a repo stock that was legal without any restrictions before a new letter made the combination a regulated item!  Never take the strap off the Sig brace it could be looked at a stock at that point.

I'm not sure on this, but I THINK that if both are original pre 1898, such as the Mauser's with the wooden combination stock holster they are OK, but if either are new manufacture, or post 1898 they are regulated.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2014, 01:17:49 PM »
it appears to call into question the act of shouldering a firearm equipped with the brace.

What do they think if you're just shouldering a short buffer tube on a pistol?    I find suppose I can could scrunch up with mine pretty good.  See target above
Will work for ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk