Author Topic: Kalashnikov USA Komrad 12 gauge firearm  (Read 3064 times)

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1119
Kalashnikov USA Komrad 12 gauge firearm
« on: January 07, 2021, 08:33:37 AM »
The Kalashnikov USA Komrad 12 gauge firearm is back. It's in the same firearm class as the Mossberg Shockwave but it's a box mag fed AK. Every firearm Kalashnikov USA makes is made in Florida by American workers. It's designed to accept 2.75” and 3” low brass to slug shells thanks to their innovative adjustable gas system, and has a short barrel length of 12.5”. The Komrad features a standard side-mounted optics rail, has a front bead sight and a rear notch sight. All the available Russian Saiga accessories work with Komrad including magazines, drums, muzzle devices, and chokes. It comes with an SB Tactical pistol brace, adjustable pistol grip, a vertical forward grip and a tri-rail forend.

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/komrad-12ga-firearm/
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

Re: Kalashnikov USA Komrad 12 gauge firearm
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 08:36:51 AM »
. Every firearm Kalashnikov USA makes is made in Florida by American workers.
https://kalashnikov-usa.com/product/komrad-12ga-firearm/

That is actually a bad thing.
Americans don't know shit about making AK's.
That's why they are not as good as any one elses.
They have all been making them for 50+ years.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2021, 09:15:49 AM »
That is actually a bad thing.
Americans don't know shit about making AK's.
That's why they are not as good as any one elses.
They have all been making them for 50+ years.

I've never owned one of theirs or anyone else's AKs so I can't say if they're good or bad, but they followed the original Russian designs and used modern American manufacturing techniques. They didn't make a clone of a clone of a clone. And their trunnions and bolt carriers are made from forgings unlike the cast bullshite in a lot of AKs from the U.S. and other parts of the world. I thought that was a good thing.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 02:25:57 PM »
They may have used original Russian design, but they are building them as cheap as possible because there is no way in hell they can build an AK worth a crap that competes with surplus parts kits.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 07:17:26 PM »
Does anyone sell surplus parts kits with forged trunnions and bolt carriers? I've seen kits where you have to install the trunnion yourself, however you do that. I don't know anything about AKs, except that when people say they have AK-47 clones they aren't actually semi-auto copies of AK-47s, they're semi-auto copies of AKMs. Or so I've read. I wasn't around in the '40s when the AK-47 came out, or the '50s when the AKModernized came out either, but can't imagine why anyone would still be making the older design. Without seeing a Russian gun and American gun side by side, I can't compare anything at all except pictures and manufacturers' claims.

This "firearm" is the only AK-style 12 gauge I've seen in the firearm classification, so I still find it interesting. I'd rather have that than a tube-mag fed "firearm", and the only other one I've seen with a detachable box mag was a pump, which I wouldn't want.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:42:35 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk