Author Topic: Taurus 1911?  (Read 11018 times)

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Taurus 1911?
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2008, 10:35:54 AM »
I just bought a PT1911, and had it at the range with some of my reloads. It ate everything I fed it and was fairly accurate to 15 yards ( the limit of 55yearold eyes). This is about the tenth Taurus pistol I've owned over the years, and I've never really had a service issue with any of them. This compares to the Springfield GI .45 and the Ruger P345 that I purchased, that were very picky about the ammo I tried to fire through them.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

saltydogbk

• Better to die on my feet than live on my knees
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2008, 11:28:23 PM »
Just pulled the trigger and bought one, will report how it shoots as soon as I go to the range.  I have Ruger, Smith and Springfield, thought I would give this a try.
You can never have too many guns, or too much ammo

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 18, 2008, 06:40:39 AM »
Actually, with my experience with Ruger, how bad could a Taurus be?
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Buck45

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2008, 06:33:11 PM »
I have a stainless PT1911. Had a problem with 3 point jams with a variety of magazines out of the box. Figured out it was out of time and "riding the link". Called Taurus Customer Service and described the problem. They were informed, intelligent relative to guns and seemed qresponsive and Sent it back to Taurus

darwin-t

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2008, 09:08:40 PM »
I've been pretty happy with mine until just now. I was transferring my carry ammo to my Para, which I decided to carry for a while and when I pushed the safety down to clear the pistol (I'm left handed) the safety went down on the right side of the pistol, but did not release the thumb safety.  ???

Even worse, when I removed the thumb safety the plunger flew to parts unknown.  :-[

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:37:07 AM »

saltydogbk

• Better to die on my feet than live on my knees
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2008, 06:13:32 PM »
I finally got to the range, and all I can say is  WHAT A SWEET GUN.  Put 200 rounds through it, not one jam, and it hits what I point at.  At 12 yds it groups about 6" free hand.  My kid shoots it even better.  25 yds groups the size of the bottom of a coffee can.    ;D
You can never have too many guns, or too much ammo

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk