Author Topic: A Prayer Request  (Read 7751 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: A Prayer Request
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 07:04:12 AM »
Boy, you sure know how to ruin a guys day!!!!!  HC nekked.  Wash my eyes out with soap.  LOL

Good news is good to hear.  Will continue to keep you and all our DR family and friends in my prayers.

God Bless,

Richard

PS:  I've heard of the power of positive thinking but HC nekked is the ultimate in reverse Psychology!
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2010, 11:13:24 AM »
Hang in there big guy.  Yer always on the list along with the rest of my 'family'.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2010, 06:39:43 PM »
Just caught this thread...been away a day or so.......glad it was not serious.
I will still keep you in my prayers, pal.

*Certain medications can cause swelling and another big culprit can be the type of chair you sit in and the way you sit in it. I have that problem with certain types of computer chairs.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2010, 02:10:35 AM »
Glad to hear the test went well  ;D

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2010, 11:52:37 AM »
Thanks, y'all.  I have yet to hear back on the diabetes test results.  I'm assuming that it was negative, cuz one would THINK they'd call if it wasn't.  Anyway, I get to go back to the doc next Wednesday, and I'll update you afterward.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 01:22:43 PM »

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2010, 03:53:24 PM »
As promised, here is the update after the follow-up visit to the doctor.

Well, I made an incorrect assumption.  Just because they don't call you after the blood work is finished does NOT necessarily mean that everything is hunky-dory.  I do, in fact, have diabetes.  The news was something of a kick in the groin  after assuming that I was out of the woods, but it is what it is.  All we can do is play the hand we're dealt.  And it could've been worse.

So now Mrs. T and I have an appointment with the hospital's dietician next Wednesday morning, then get to attend diabetes classes on March 1st & 8th.

Now y'all are up to speed.  Time  will tell what the course of treatment will end up being, but whatever, the situation is what it is.

Thanks for your prayers and support.

Tom
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »
On your way to being a" lean mean fighting machine"  ;D hope it's type 2. Either way you know now and can deal with it.

Best wishes and continued prayers!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2010, 09:36:25 PM »
Both my parents are diabetic and several good friends are too. The biggest thing is diligence in following the doctor's directions. It is something that can be controlled.

Thanks for the update, and many continued good wishes.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2010, 10:18:41 PM »
We, or at least I, had a lot of fun at your expense this afternoon. 

Take care of yourself, do what the hot nurses ... and the ugly nurses say, and fill that prescription  ;)

Didn't expect me to stay serious too long did ya?

Will continue to remember you and Kathy, and I expect good reports when I check in next!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2010, 06:43:24 AM »
tt, at least they caught it and will be able to treat it!  The diet isn't so bad...my wife is diabetic and she prepares meals for her and not me so to speak.  They key, IMO, is moderation. 

You and your family continue in my thoughts and prayers.

God Bless,

Richard

PS:  Probably the worst thing is NO MORE HAZARITAS!!!!!!!!!   LOL
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk