Author Topic: Prayer for my family  (Read 20050 times)

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Prayer for my family
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2010, 06:31:47 AM »
Sad news anytime but sounds like you have a solid foundation of trust under you and an eye to the future.  No one said it would be easy.  It will get better!

God Bless,

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2010, 08:06:04 AM »
Junkie -

Because of life history these things are always very tough for me.  Know that I am still here for your, and I understand more than you know that you need to do what you need to do.  As long as you move forward with God it will work out.

As important as all of us are in God's eyes, you and your wife are secondary - Take care of those kids!

Still here for you.

Mike
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2010, 10:24:39 AM »
Sorry to hear that Junkie.  You have your eye on the prize though  so believe me it will get better.  I went though this myself with HazJrs mom.  Same thing I got custody, etc. 

Living for, through your younguns will make it bearable and if I must say so I get a guilty pleasure out of all the great times I have with my son that my ex misses. ;)

Hang in dude and if ya wanta chew the fat with a 'been there, done that', give me a call anytime.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2010, 04:37:09 PM »
Very sorry. If it has come to this point, with no other recourse, than as hard as it is, focus on your kids, and yourself. You will get through this, it will be a life changer. BUT there is light at the end of the tunnel.

The kids, will understand if both of you stay unwavering in their support. FWIW, I get along with my ex better today. I know this will be of little value, but hang in there, it does get better.

Prayers will continue for you and your children. Please never hesitate to contact any of us.

Take Care,

tw
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2010, 05:51:04 PM »
Been through it Brett. We're here for you.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:34:24 AM »

saltydogbk

• Better to die on my feet than live on my knees
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2010, 06:59:04 PM »
Hang in there. I pray for you and your greatest treasure, your children. 
You can never have too many guns, or too much ammo

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2010, 06:26:03 AM »
Your strength is from Him.  He will never leave you or forsake you.

I will seek His will for you in my prayers and for a spiritual covering for your children and you in this time of trial.

This will pass in time, remembrance will always bring pain, but the prize and trophy will be in your children and your faith in God.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 01:13:31 AM »
Hang in there Brett..I have been through LOTS myself..
If I can tell you one thing.. be honest! Be honest with yourself and stay honest in a gentle positive way with your kids.. They aren't stupid no matter how young they are.. Let them know every day that you BOTH love them ... and try to give them the best answers that will sooth their little hearts and minds too. They need answers.. and sometimes the truth ..or  as close to it as you can tell them.. does wonders to help you all bond and get through this.

Something else... No matter what happens with your ex.. don't ever say anything bad about her to your kids.. They will find out things on their own  when they are old enough to understand.. and I can say this from experience.. you will be so glad you did not ever talk bad about her to them. (Sometimes its so hard to keep that tongue in check.. especially if it gets ugly) But you will shine in their eyes when they get older for not ever bad mouthing her.... You don't have to talk good about her.. but don't talk bad... She has her own lessons to learn so she has to do what she has to do.. and so do you.. and the best part about all of this is...that you lucked out.. You get your children...and there is nothing you can't handle if you have your kids with you.. (* I know* :) )

I also know you would like to curl up in a ball in a dark room and shut out the world right now..This will pass too...and those precious gifts from God are depending on you for love and comfort and security.. and in giving them that.. you will heal faster..I promise..

Take each day as it comes.. There will be good ones and not so good.. but remember... there is a plan.. Sometimes we are in each others lives for a short time for reasons we don't understand.. But there ARE reasons and lessons in each encounter with each other.. some big and some very small. .. Don't ever look at anything in your life as a negative.. There really are no negatives.. its all  learning lessons..
The door and room that you have been preparing for.. couldn't be opened if you stayed where you were..and since you are being propelled toward new doorways.. be ready to open them to see whats on the other side when they are presented to you.
 Please don't shut out any opportunity to explore new things ..alone and with your children.. I promise you that through this you will become stronger and grow in leaps and bounds in new lessons learned..
You WILL get through this.. you will be a bit battle worn and weary.. but in the years to come..you and your children will be the winners...

If you ever ever ever need to talk...I am but a phone call away...
620-249-2681... or text me and I will call you..
Like I said.. I have been there ..and personally dealt with lots of different areas of problems and experiences.. and walked a lot of miles in many moccasins.. so I do understand..
You have a lot of friends here.. Take advantage of us... If you want to vent....cry.. cuss.. laugh.. pray...whatever.. we are here to help you get through this..
...God and HIS angels will be there with you always.. watching.. protecting... Trust and believe in that..

Hugs to you and YOUR little angels
Teresa
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 06:41:03 AM »
WOW, M'ette!  AWSOME.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 08:53:13 AM »
Great advice M'ette, right on the money!

We are here for you Brett, take care!!
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk