Author Topic: A Prayer For Our Military.  (Read 6365 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
A Prayer For Our Military.
« on: July 28, 2009, 05:39:48 PM »
Eternal God, we humbly beseech You that your hand of mercy extend to all United States Soldiers from sea to shining sea, from ports near and far, amphibious bases and airfields, to embassies around the world. Wherever our Soldiers stand watch this day may they be persuaded that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate them from the love of God.

Lord, stand beside these Soldiers whom you have called to serve. Help them to serve honorable. Give them courage, strength and skill, and if they are called to sacrifice may it be worthy of their Lord.

For the tasks that lay before them, we ask an extra measure of strength. When they pass through the waters, make known that you will be with them, and when they walk through the fires they shall not be burned.

God, we pray that you would sustain our Soldiers, and just as they are always faithful to duty, we ask that you would call them by name, and they would hear your voice and they would be faithful to you.

Amen.

There are members here at DRTV, that have friends and family on active duty, and one who suffered a terrible injury.

My prayers are with them, and PFC. Bowe Bergdahl, captured in Afghanistan recently, may he return home safely.

Thank you

Tom W.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: A Prayer For Our Military.
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 05:42:17 PM »
Thanks Tom,

That gave me chills as I recited your excellent prayer. I will return often to recite it again.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 05:53:58 PM »
Thanks Tom,

That gave me chills as I recited your excellent prayer. I will return often to recite it again.

I can't take credit for it, except to bring it here.

It is a prayer on a plain sheet of paper I have had for some time, I don't know who wrote it, but I have recited it many times for our Military. I lost a childhood friend in Iraq Spring 08', and know he is with the Lord.

This prayer has helped me, and I hope it helps others.

TW
Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 12:20:13 AM »
I read it out loud and I know the energy of it traveled to where it was needed.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 12:25:21 AM »
I can't take credit for it, except to bring it here.

It is a prayer on a plain sheet of paper I have had for some time, I don't know who wrote it, but I have recited it many times for our Military. I lost a childhood friend in Iraq Spring 08', and know he is with the Lord.

This prayer has helped me, and I hope it helps others.

TW

I am truly sorry for the loss of your friend and the loss to his family. I am glad that you had the prayer for comfort.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:22:20 PM »

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 07:05:06 PM »
I just found out a high school friend was killed in Afghanistan. We were good friends, played sports, and hung out together. I'll never forget the Friday and Saturday nights shooting pool. He was a good person. Although we lost touch after high school, once a friend, always a friend.

http://online.indianagazette.com/articles/2009/10/17/news/10026080.txt

I watch people die everyday, death is just something that happens. Things like this bring back some reality, makes me feel a little more human. I thank God for every second I have with my family. I'll hold my kids a little tighter tonight.

RIP Glen, thank you for your service, you served your country well. Go seek your reward.
Prayers  for you and your family.
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

twyacht

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 09:10:53 PM »
I just found out a high school friend was killed in Afghanistan. We were good friends, played sports, and hung out together. I'll never forget the Friday and Saturday nights shooting pool. He was a good person. Although we lost touch after high school, once a friend, always a friend.

1911 Junkie, I am at a loss for words, except for a few as our posts, (a year+ apart), are almost identical. 03/10/08, 5 Marines died in Baghdad.

One was Cpl. Robert T. McDavid aka "Bobby" to me and his family and friends.

We did the same as you and your friend, as younger folks, and never lost touch, but I still have the pictures in the photo albums of all the crazy stuff we never should have gotten away with when we were young and knew everything.

He joined the service, and found his calling with the Rock of Marne.

1st Battalion, 64th Armor Regiment, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division.

Rest assured, your friend has found his Pilot and crossed the bar. (Referencing Tennyson)

God's Blessings to his family, and to you. He will never be gone as long as we never forget.

He has found his reward in Glory, and joined his Brothers in Heaven.

Col. Jeff Cooper.

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 09:09:20 PM »
Thanks TW

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09292/1006607-122.stm

It looks like he had really found his calling.

I wish I could make it to Colorado but will attend the memorial service here, work be damned.
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1060
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2009, 09:31:09 PM »
Sorry to hear about your friend, Junkie.......may he rest in peace and be long remembered.

May God give comfort to our Warriors of Freedom who fight the good fight.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk