Author Topic: Prayer for our son...  (Read 12549 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Prayer for our son...
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 11:12:26 AM »
Richard:

The prayers will continue.  Thanks for the update.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 10:10:15 PM »
Richard,

I know that it is a very minor part of the situation at this point, but how will the permanent change in his hand and wrist abilities affect his career as a chef?

Prayers Continue!
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2009, 07:00:29 AM »
m58 that is a good question.  Basically it's similar to the saying "Busier than a one armed paper hanger"!  Part if not most of the problem involves not being able to grasp/hold things (pot/pan handles, and etc.) while using the good hand to cut, mix, serve or whatever...in other words stableize objects so as not to spill, drop, burn himself, make a mess.  Being a chef/cook is a fast paced job during busy times and this would make it impossible for him to keep up.  He also likes to wait tables...better money w/tips and again one handed is too slow and sometimes messy.  Try this little test...pick up a dime with your thumb and index finger and then try with your index and middle finger or go about your daily life without using your thumb.  This isn't all but I hope you get the idea.

While I'm at it I will also add this update.  Zteve has a different cast (smaller) on and has started rehab.  He will be in almost constant pain while the nerves try to regenerate.  Meds help some.  Progress is slow but there.

Thanks for asking and continued prayers.

Richard and Norma 
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2009, 10:39:30 AM »
Bless his heart... Continued healing prayers will be sent is way.
"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk