Author Topic: Ruger Introduces LC9 Lightweight Compact 9mm Pistol  (Read 21678 times)

capbyrd

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Ruger Introduces LC9 Lightweight Compact 9mm Pistol
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2011, 08:26:18 AM »
I've got my initial impressions of the LC9 up on the blog:

http://michaelbane.blogspot.com/2011/01/ruger-lc9.html

I stand by my prediction that this is going to be the hot category for 2011!

Michael B

Turn the phone on its side when recording video.  It gives a much better picture.  

Also, I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on one of these.  Hope that mine will be here in february. 

rube12345

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2011, 08:40:52 AM »
How well does this pocket carry?

The whole appeal of the 380 pocket pistols for me is pocket carry.  If I cannot pocket carry the LC9 I'm not sure if there is much to make me choose the LC9 over a mid size or compact Glock.

I like the sights and last round hold open, but there are poscket 380s with those features already.

Until I can get my hands on one to try I would be interested to hear about how well these disapear in a pocket from people who already have the LC9.

rube

tombogan03884

« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2011, 12:27:05 PM »
How well does this pocket carry?

The whole appeal of the 380 pocket pistols for me is pocket carry.  If I cannot pocket carry the LC9 I'm not sure if there is much to make me choose the LC9 over a mid size or compact Glock.

I like the sights and last round hold open, but there are poscket 380s with those features already.

Until I can get my hands on one to try I would be interested to hear about how well these disapear in a pocket from people who already have the LC9.

rube

Obviously some of that will depend on your size, and the size of your pockets, Big guy in loose cargo pants it's probably invisible, little guy in tight jeans , not so much  ;D

Judging by the pictures it's a bit larger and heavier than the LCP, but the extra oomph of a full size 9mm may make that an acceptable trade.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »
The LC9 is a little big for pocket carry in jeans...not to say it doesn't work for pocket carry (I've carried it a couple days in right-front jeans pocket, and it does work...I think I might change my mind if I got a good pocket holster. I've ordered a DeSantis Nemesis, so I'll let you know on that. Should be much less of an issue with cargo pants. I may make up one of my own pocket holsters with a smooth side leather facing out...if I can prototype what I have in mind, I'll send it to Ted Blocker and see if we can get it to market...I'll keep you in the loop...

So, too early to say if the LC9 replaces the LCP for all the time everywhere carry.

As I mentioned on the blog, the LC9 fits the Mitch Rosen Express pancake for the SR9c with the laser. Those express holsters are tight tight fits as it is. I thik I like the LC9 better for a forward of centerline — crossdraw, or "driving" holster, or for appendix carry — better than the SR9c because it's a little thinner and smaller in all dimensions...more of an issue with forward carry than a traditional position. Plus, and I hate to harp on this, but I would use the manual safety in a forward carry, even with the long DAO trigger pull..Mr. Weasel will thank me.

PS: Even I'm not sure how I got my job...annoying perseverance, I suspect...

Michael B

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

bafsu92

• Top Forum Member
  • Si vis Pacem, Para bellum
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2011, 12:44:05 PM »
I was really excited about this pistol at first since I love my LCP. Then I saw the overlay, they needed to keep it much closer to the LCP size in my opinion. The LC9 will not be replacing my Walther PPS since it's just marginally smaller.
Cogito, ergo armatum sum

"Capitalization is the difference between helping
your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse." - Unknown

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional illogical liberal minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous liberal press,which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." - Unknown

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:15:04 AM »

Sandotex5

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2011, 10:08:35 PM »
I, for one, am really looking forward to this gun! I currently am carrying a Sig p238 for pocket carry: it's beautiful, small and light  (with great night sights!) but it's a little finicky. I accept the limitations of a gun small enough for pocket carry (.380) but I've got to admit, I'd feel better with a little more power, like 9mm. Everyone has their own preferences, and I'm not a wheel-gun fan. I understand the snubby revolver fans' logic but they're just not for me. I love my Springfields but my subcompact .40XD is a little thick for summer/casual carry. I have small hands but the LCP still felt too small for me and the "sights" suck. My p238 fits easily into pocket and I actually feel something a little bigger wouldn't be a problem. Again, preferences differ and I just don't like the feel of Kahrs in my hands-- I shoot my p238 much better than any Kahrs. I'm really looking forward to trying this gun. And after buying plenty of .40 and .380 ammo, saving some cash on 9mm would be nice...

Walter45Auto

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2011, 01:31:26 AM »
Ok I'll say it. Michael, do us a favor and tell them to make one in .45. ;D
"If You seek to do me harm, I don't care about your past." - Michael Bane

SIG229DAK

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2011, 01:47:56 AM »
Ok I'll say it. Michael, do us a favor and tell them to make one in .45. ;D

It's called the Taurus 745 and it's a 'Handfull' to shoot  ::)
HaroldB

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk