Author Topic: McCain doesn't care about 2A voters (us)  (Read 5148 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
McCain doesn't care about 2A voters (us)
« on: February 11, 2008, 04:16:56 PM »
McCain changes tack on gun background check
Senator, in ad, urges screening for buyers at gun shows
October 5, 2000
Web posted at: 1:57 p.m. EDT (1757 GMT)

PORTLAND, Oregon (CNN) -- Arizona Sen. John McCain, acknowledging his position on a contentious gun issue has "evolved," is featured in a new advertising campaign urging voters in Oregon and Colorado to support statewide ballot initiatives next month.

At issue in the November 7 election are measures in both states that could close the so-called "gun show loophole" that allows purchases at shows without criminal background checks.

The development could complicate McCain's efforts to help fellow Republican George W. Bush's presidential bid.

It also puts McCain at odds with the National Rifle Association, which opposes the measures. "Some people are not very happy about it," the senator said Thursday.

But McCain seemed unworried by any negative reaction. "It wouldn't be fun without it," he said, laughing

More at link http://edition.cnn.com/2000/ALLPOLITICS/stories/10/05/mccain.guns/index.html
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
Re: McCain doesn't care about 2A voters (us)
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 10:16:44 PM »
Of course he doesn't care about us. Like ALL OF THEM he cares about himself and getting where he wants to be. (period)
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

clayflingythingy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:19:15 AM »
http://www.johnmccain.com/Informing/Issues/77636553-6337-4ecd-b170-49e1c07d2fbd.htm

Haz,

You didn't need to search out an 8 year old news story. McCain states clearly on his web site he wants background checks performed at gun shows for all transactions.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 09:49:42 AM »
I know, Clay.  I just want to point out that this is a long term position for him and one that he is likely to persue.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 07:02:18 PM »
Background checks....the can't possibly work! There is no one in the world more "background checked" than presidential candidates and look what we get. They obviously can't detect a liar, a criminal, or a fool, so obviously background checks are useless.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 11:58:41 AM »

Teresa Heilevang

• The "Other Halloway"
  • Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Don't make me call the flying monkeys! DRTV Ranger
    • The Perfect Touch
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 08:15:47 PM »
I got this from a good friend who lives in Arizona:

He says:

Be aware that before 9/11 the citizens of Arizona had a recall campaign against him because he was, in not so many words, worthless. It looked like he would have been recalled. The originators of the recall campaign dropped it for the sake of showing unity in the US when 9/11 happened.

I personally would have a hard time voting for him, because IMHO, he has done very little for the state of Arizona. A little known fact, he did not live in AZ when he first ran. If I'm wrong on that one, it was one of our larger newspapers that reported it.

http://www.recallmccain.org/

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=23821

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History ! "

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 02:02:13 PM »
Teresa,

Thanks for the info.  The more we find out the worse he looks (and I didn't think that was possibe!).

Bill Stryker

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 04:44:05 PM »
McCain may not be our first choice or even our third. But to put this in perspective -- just think about all the supreme court justices that are over 68. Then think about who Hillobama would appoint to fill the vacancies when they occur! Pull up your 2A socks and vote for the one most to the right among those left in November -- no matter who it is.

tombogan03884

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 09:57:27 PM »
Bill, people keep using that lame excuse to justify voting for a POS. Considering  the Manchurian candidates close working relationship with Ted Kennedy, what makes you think his SCOTUS nominees will be any better?

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 10:13:07 PM »
McCain may not be our first choice or even our third. But to put this in perspective -- just think about all the supreme court justices that are over 68. Then think about who Hillobama would appoint to fill the vacancies when they occur! Pull up your 2A socks and vote for the one most to the right among those left in November -- no matter who it is.

It is not my job to vote for him, it is his job to obtain my vote.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk