Author Topic: Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase U.S. Reserve by 10X  (Read 16177 times)

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
Re: Massive Oil Deposit Could Increase U.S. Reserve by 10X
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 02:47:49 PM »
I work for a Cooperation that makes medical devices, Vein harvesters, Biopsy snippers, Stents etc. This facility had $22 MILLION in profits last year, in the last 2 or 3 years they have done away with profit sharing, Christmas bonuses, and insurance costs for employees continue to climb, meanwhile they can afford to lay out $750,000 per facility, to switch to a new record keeping software, while they tell the workers that they are striving to be a "Top 100 Employer". Where did that $22 Million go ? The investors. I have no problem with the capitalist system, but I was under the impression that Capitalists got increased profits from increased sales, not by flogging them out of the workers who are earning them their money.
Causes one to want a union....doesn't it.  The Bible records God's word as requiring paying a worker a fair wage due him...MBA's contest that daily, don't they.  I'm not thinking any system, including capitalism, works well without true Bible believers in charge.  My folks were union and we lived well, all was good.....

Also...the foreign oil...it used to cost $1/bbl to transport on a tanker....that was in '94 when I was on that side for a while..probably $2 or more now.

And please, remember 42 gallons in a barrel and....that it takes a couple of months for oil to cycle from sales to the pump.  So...why is it the filling stations jump prices the "next day" or so when oil goes up $10/bbl (24 cents a gallon cost...maybe 36-50 cents or more at the pump)?  We should not be so naive as to believe the people who sell us water for $1.19 a pint are really losing money on gas just because they say so.....

Sorry, bottled water (and soft drinks) is one of my pet peeves and there are no congressional investigations on something that costs pennies being sold for $$$$'s....let's be fair here.  Oil can be less and so can EVERYTHING ELSE but....I digress yet again.

By the way...I'm with you on the medical supplies...my wife was on the heart transplant list for about 10 years and things aren't cheap (thanks to Jesus, she got better without a transplant).  I had to argue costs...I asked the doctors if I was paying for the non-pays...I already knew that answer...so when they said yes I told then I don't mind them making Mercedes wages for our part of costs...I will work to pay my way...but how about him splitting costs on the non-pays and lowering that part to "Ford & Chevy" wages to give me a break.  Across the board they cut the bills, saying they never thought of it that way.

This Godless welfare state that was created has caused all sorts of "backdraft".

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 07:56:22 PM »
Geez, You guys gave me a freakin headache. After reading Haz's post I though gas was gonna be a quarter a gallon again and then the rest of you guys just screwed it all up. I need a beer  :'(
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2008, 08:03:35 PM »
Though it will never be .25 a gallon again (remember Sunoco 103?) it should be much less expensive if the environmental Luddites would shut up (or be slapped down).

We need to drill NOW, we should have been building refineries already.  This 300 different blends crap has to stop.  All of those things would help  tremendously.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2008, 09:10:30 PM »
Causes one to want a union....doesn't it.  The Bible records God's word as requiring paying a worker a fair wage due him...MBA's contest that daily, don't they.  I'm not thinking any system, including capitalism, works well without true Bible believers in charge.  My folks were union and we lived well, all was good.....

Also...the foreign oil...it used to cost $1/bbl to transport on a tanker....that was in '94 when I was on that side for a while..probably $2 or more now.

And please, remember 42 gallons in a barrel and....that it takes a couple of months for oil to cycle from sales to the pump.  So...why is it the filling stations jump prices the "next day" or so when oil goes up $10/bbl (24 cents a gallon cost...maybe 36-50 cents or more at the pump)?  We should not be so naive as to believe the people who sell us water for $1.19 a pint are really losing money on gas just because they say so.....

Sorry, bottled water (and soft drinks) is one of my pet peeves and there are no congressional investigations on something that costs pennies being sold for $$$$'s....let's be fair here.  Oil can be less and so can EVERYTHING ELSE but....I digress yet again.

By the way...I'm with you on the medical supplies...my wife was on the heart transplant list for about 10 years and things aren't cheap (thanks to Jesus, she got better without a transplant).  I had to argue costs...I asked the doctors if I was paying for the non-pays...I already knew that answer...so when they said yes I told then I don't mind them making Mercedes wages for our part of costs...I will work to pay my way...but how about him splitting costs on the non-pays and lowering that part to "Ford & Chevy" wages to give me a break.  Across the board they cut the bills, saying they never thought of it that way.

This Godless welfare state that was created has caused all sorts of "backdraft".

Rastus, great rant. Check my rant on the previous page - gas prices have nothing to do with oil prices other than what the speculators say the price is on that day. So you're right, gas goes up when oil goes up - same day - and goes down - eventually, maybe - when oil goes down. It is a scam.

God has blessed your wife. Have a joyous Easter, Brother.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2008, 08:59:49 AM »
Though it will never be .25 a gallon again (remember Sunoco 103?) it should be much less expensive if the environmental Luddites would shut up (or be slapped down).

We need to drill NOW, we should have been building refineries already.  This 300 different blends crap has to stop.  All of those things would help  tremendously.
103 Octane I remember that...man am I gettin' old...a friend of mine used to keep Avgas in his second tank (Ford truck with 460 that ate late '70's Trans Ams for lunch) for work off the "line".

About the drilling...not a lot left.  The reliable place to find large reserves is offshore.  We just don't have the geology or remaining reserves to be self-sufficient on oil....just can't happen unless we can get down to 4-5 million barrels a day in consumption.

Another note for all...if the supercollider in Texas had not been canned...no tellin' what we would have learned....maybe more on how atoms, sub-atomic partilces and molecules interact.  I only say this because only government has the resources for such large projects that can't guarantee results.  If we had more knowledge...we may be able, for instance, to make room temperature superconductors for transmission lines and homes.

See, we lose upwards to 40% of the power generated in line loss.  Your bill reflects nearly 40% of electricity generated that did not get to your home...think about that....and the short-sighted hidden costs of the welfare state.

But, all this must necessarily come to pass.  It's Easter, bless all the brothers and sisters who love the God who gave his Son.  I'm waiting for the Second Coming so we can finally get out of this mess!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:56:11 AM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2008, 09:09:30 AM »
Rastus,

I didn't mean to imply that we could be come oil independent.  But as you point out we should become more effecient in our use and by the things I mentioned above we would certainly be far less dependent on others.

Have a Blessed Easter. He true is the reason.  BTW our local schools had neither Good Friday or this coming Monday off!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Rastus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2008, 09:36:32 AM »
Rastus,

I didn't mean to imply that we could be come oil independent.  But as you point out we should become more effecient in our use and by the things I mentioned above we would certainly be far less dependent on others.

Have a Blessed Easter. He true is the reason.  BTW our local schools had neither Good Friday or this coming Monday off!
I did not think that you implied that...I was just in a hurry and wanted to bring up the hopelessness of what we are in.  My apologies for being carelss.

We homeschool...so the boys are off!  I, on the other hand, have to be at work.  Sure was nice when the entire country was in sync....something the youngsters don't see to know and appreciate.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2008, 09:43:14 AM »
My goodness, no need to appologize!  We aren't (at least I'm not) that formal or easily offended!

Yeah, remember when you could count on ALL schools being out on certain holidays?  We would all meet at the local sand lot (actually the Presby church lot) and play ball, or sled ride or something.

tombogan03884

« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2008, 09:50:20 AM »
My goodness, no need to appologize!  We aren't (at least I'm not) that formal or easily offended!

Yeah, remember when you could count on ALL schools being out on certain holidays?  We would all meet at the local sand lot (actually the Presby church lot) and play ball, or sled ride or something.

Yes, and the kids you went to school with, you saw in Sunday school.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2008, 09:52:18 AM »
Yes, and the kids you went to school with, you saw in Sunday school.

And confimation class.  Our Pastor (Dr Kennedy RIP), could throw a piece of chalk with deadly accuracy at a 'way word' student!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk