Author Topic: Police limit searches for guns (Boston)  (Read 2707 times)

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Police limit searches for guns (Boston)
« on: March 25, 2008, 06:06:34 AM »
Police limit searches for guns

Opposition from residents is strong; Invited into homes without warrants

Globe Staff / March 25, 2008

Boston police officials, surprised by intense opposition from residents, have significantly scaled back and delayed the start of a program that would allow officers to go into people's homes and search for guns without a warrant.

more stories like thisThe program, dubbed Safe Homes, was supposed to start in December, but has been delayed at least three times because of misgivings in the community. March 1 was the latest missed start date.

One community group has been circulating a petition against the plan. Police officials trying to assuage residents' fears have been drowned out by criticism at some meetings with residents and elected officials.

Officers may begin knocking on doors this week, officials said yesterday, but instead of heading into four troubled neighborhoods, as they had planned, officers will target only one, Egleston Square in Jamaica Plain, where police said they have received the most support.

More at link http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/articles/2008/03/25/police_limit_searches_for_guns/
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

DDMac

• Proudly Bald On
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
Re: Police limit searches for guns (Boston)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2008, 06:38:46 AM »
Oh, no! Social instability! Samuel Adams would be proud. In fact, I think I'll celebrate with one right now. It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Mac.
Standing up for your Right to lay down suppressive fire since 1948!

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2008, 06:42:04 AM »
Oh, no! Social instability! Samuel Adams would be proud. In fact, I think I'll celebrate with one right now. It's 5 o'clock somewhere. Mac.

Breakfast of champions!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Outlaw

• U.S.A.F. Retired/CCW
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2008, 11:18:28 AM »
Glad to hear the good folks of D.C. are catching on the Hitlerites...Adolf Fenty and his Gestapo tactics. >:(
Strategic Air Command Motto: Peace is Our Profession, Believe it or We'll Bomb the Hell Outta Ya!

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2008, 11:42:22 AM »
Glad to hear the good folks of D.C. are catching on the Hitlerites...Adolf Fenty and his Gestapo tactics. >:(
Except this one was the Boston version
DC might get the hint  ;) Not likely >:(
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 08:32:02 AM »

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2008, 01:45:46 PM »
There was a letter in our local paper today with a good idea that could possibly eliminate some problems. Instead of trying to take guns from law abiding citizens and going into their houses to do it, just outlaw guns in public housing projects.
After all, if it's PUBLIC housing, then the government can regulate what you are allowed to possess in that housing, I would think.

There's probably a law against making a law like that though.

THEN they could test their whole theory about if you eliminate ALL guns it's much safer. Let's see how long THAT lasts.
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk