Author Topic: Another F&F Player To Plead The Fifth...But Did Nothing Wrong....  (Read 1256 times)

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

Patrick Cunningham, Chief Arizona US Attorney, is scheduled to testify Jan. 24.  I guess he has this training video to help him.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-national/az-us-attorney-criminal-division-chief-to-plead-the-fifth

David Codrea
, Gun Rights Examiner
January 20, 2012

“[A]s a professional courtesy,and to avoid needless preparation by the Committee and its staff for a deposition next week, I am writing to advise you that my client is going to assert his constitutional privilege not to be compelled to be a witness against himself,” attorney Tobin Romero, representing  Patrick J. Cunningham, chief of the Criminal Division of the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Arizona, advised  House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa in a January 19 letter obtained by William LaJeunesse of Fox News.

Romero claims Cunningham did nothing wrong and acted in good faith, but the Department of Justice in Washington is making him the fall guy, claiming he failed to accurately provide the Oversight Committee with information on the execution of Fast and Furious.

This could be huge: The monolithic front presented by the administration is crumbling.  Career law enforcement personnel are in fear of being charged as criminals and are looking to protect themselves. That could mean ultimately implicating higher-ups, as opposed to falling on their swords and taking one for the team.

*****More at Link******

Holder scheduled for testimony Groundhog Day....   Even with the MSM burying this story, again and again,...I hope this entire election year, the rats fleeing the sinking ship of Holder's Justice Dept., finally lead to the head rats at the top.

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
Re: Another F&F Player To Plead The Fifth...But Did Nothing Wrong....
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 08:07:18 AM »
We can only hope.

Did yas notice the guy's lawyer states he is going to assert his constitutional privilege to not incriminate himself?

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Ichiban

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk