Author Topic: Got Reamed This Morning!  (Read 6925 times)

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
Got Reamed This Morning!
« on: December 08, 2008, 05:35:55 PM »
Sometimes it is hard to pick a catagory for a topic ...

I was wearing my NRA Lifer Member jacket this morning and experienced something less than pleasant  :'(

I have been confronted on my views and beliefs on many topics in the past, and I have had my pickup assaulted because of its NRA sticker, but this morning hit me harder than ever before.  I was at the post office, and someone made a smart comment about  my jacket.  He went on to say I should have a hat too, and I could just as well be carrying a rifle.  I didn't know whether he was joking positive or negative or what ... it really caught me off guard.  Then a fine peace loving lady started in on the evils of guns, and how gun lovers are responsible for all these deaths (no explanation of what deaths, but I'm sure we are immortal if it wern't for guns).

Another went on to say how no one should be allowed to carry in public.  I don't reveal when I am carrying anyway, but being in the post office I did not want to even hint.  All I said was a very loud, angry "If someone were to come in here shooting you would damn happy if I were here with a gun!"  I left without doing my business.

Later in the day I went back to take care of business, and the clerks were quiet ... real quiet.

I have even heard from a couple people in stores what went on ... Small town ... you gotta love it.

Not a good experience, but so far I've survived.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

cooptire

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Got Reamed This Morning!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 05:48:44 PM »
M, I hear what you are saying. I don't even think anyone even listen to themselves anymore! "I heard it on tv so it must be true."  ::) :'(

What ever happened to thinking for yourself?
"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2008, 06:09:18 PM »
M,

Fire back!  Ask for their stats.  Hit 'em with your own (pools more dangerous, gun stopping crimes 1.5 MILLION times a year per FBI stats etc).  DON"T let 'em run you off.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2008, 06:11:15 PM »
Their ignorance is bliss. I have had my truck windows with my NRA stickers knocked out two times.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2008, 06:13:43 PM »
I have to have a permit to carry my firearm in public, idiots should have to have a permit to open their mouths in public.

And, +1 on what everyone else has said.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:37:30 AM »

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2008, 06:23:37 PM »
Their ignorance is bliss. I have had my truck windows with my NRA stickers knocked out two times.

I had a blue raspberry slurpy poured all over the driver's seat of my jeep, and later found out the NRA plate had been ripped off the front bumper. 

Amazing how tolerant and brave these people are.

As to your situation, m58, I usually say something like, 'sorry to disappoint you, but none of the gun owners I know are responsible for a single death. You must run with a rough crowd.'
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 06:43:21 PM »

If they bothered to actually know the laws they would know you not allowed to carry in a Post Office!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Fatman

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 06:52:51 PM »
What a retarded Federal law! You mean we have to drag our mail and parcels in? UPS for me from now on.
Anti: I think some of you gentleman would choose to apply a gun shaped remedy to any problem or potential problem that presented itself? Your reverance (sic) for firearms is maintained with an almost religious zeal. The mind boggles! it really does...

Me: Naw, we just apply a gun-shaped remedy to those extreme life threatening situations that call for it. All the less urgent problems we're willing to discuss.

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2008, 07:58:48 PM »
It's always fun to wear NRA logo apparel here in liberal, sunny, southern Kalifornia. I get a lot of pleasure from all of offended looks on the faces of the soccer moms, when I pick my daughter up from pre-school. OK, I guess I get pleasure from all of the dirty looks. I can't afford enough windows to put a sticker on my car here.

We've got the University of California, Irvine here and I always thought that college was where you were supposed to taught to use your mind - here they're just taught to think like the professors.

UCI - The University of Communist Indoctrination

BTW - It was a lot of fun getting Prop 8 passed here too!

fullautovalmet76

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2008, 08:39:17 PM »
Sometimes it is hard to pick a catagory for a topic ...
I don't reveal when I am carrying anyway, but being in the post office I did not want to even hint. 

Hi M58,
Though I am not absolutely certain, but carrying inside a Post Office is a federal crime. Maybe you already know but I thought I would raise that issue. I would hate for you to be arrested for something like that....Massad Ayoob advises that putting stickers on your vehicle is not a good idea for this very reason.

I sure hope you don't have anymore incidents like this.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk