Author Topic: Gun-happy, a new convert  (Read 8216 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Gun-happy, a new convert
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2009, 04:50:52 PM »
A week and a half ago I walked into the gun store, handed the guy my CCW, along with my DL and my MasterCard and walked out with the UGLIEST .40 caliber handgun you ever saw.  5 minutes from start to end of transaction.

It was tougher than that to buy a .22 Remington rifle at WalMart a couple of years ago.  On the other hand, with the exception of not knowing the difference between a magazine and a clip, the guy at the gun store actually had a clue, UNLIKE the dude at Wally World.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2009, 05:18:23 PM »
walked out with the UGLIEST .40 caliber handgun you ever saw.  5 minutes from start to end of transaction.

Just curious, who makes the ugly .40?
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

tt11758

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2009, 05:27:47 PM »
Just curious, who makes the ugly .40?

Hi-Point.  The thing is butt-ugly, but it's made in the USA, Haz says they go bang everytime time you press the trigger, they have a lifetime warranty and NIB it was less than $200!!   ;D

tt11758

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2009, 05:30:57 PM »
And it's the heaviest polymer pistol I've ever wrapped my mitts around.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2009, 05:31:23 PM »
Hi-Point.  The thing is butt-ugly, but it's made in the USA, Haz says they go bang everytime time you press the trigger, they have a lifetime warranty and NIB it was less than $200!!   ;D

I suggest a grip sleeve for it.  It seemed to me that the grip is a bit slippery.  I put one on my compact.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 05:45:41 PM »

tt11758

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2009, 05:38:55 PM »
I suggest a grip sleeve for it.  It seemed to me that the grip is a bit slippery.  I put one on my compact.

Actually I was thinking about that.  Haven't yet had the opportunity to see if it'll jump out of my fist, although as friggin heavy as it is I'd be HIGHLY surprised.

Kid Shelleen

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2009, 10:41:54 PM »

An American made .40 for 200 bucks that goes bang every time. I don't know jack about Hi-Point. It seems like I vaguely remember the name from my youth. If Haz says it's a winner and you can get 'em at that kind of price. I want one. I've only been around here a few days but Haz keeps proving that he knows his stuff.
“What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that the people preserve the spirit of resistance?”

Thomas Jefferson, 1787

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2009, 10:48:57 PM »
An American made .40 for 200 bucks that goes bang every time. I don't know jack about Hi-Point. It seems like I vaguely remember the name from my youth. If Haz says it's a winner and you can get 'em at that kind of price. I want one. I've only been around here a few days but Haz keeps proving that he knows his stuff.
This is a guy who said no when I offered him a Glock 17 for $250 on his birthday. Yet he endorses the Highpoint. I like Haz too, just remember the salt shaker, and the cat nip. ;D
FQ13

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2009, 10:52:57 PM »
This is a guy who said no when I offered him a Glock 17 for $250 on his birthday. Yet he endorses the Highpoint. I like Haz too, just remember the salt shaker, and the cat nip. ;D
FQ13

zero cash right now.
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2009, 11:01:39 PM »
 It's a clunky piece of shit compared to a Sig or 1911, but they DO work.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk