Author Topic: Magpul P-Mags  (Read 31205 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 457
Re: Magpul P-Mags
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2012, 07:51:49 AM »
The problem is you have to take their word on it. When someone is making 300% profit on something that they were lucky to make 20% on two weeks earlier, it becomes very tempting to pocket the difference. Especially in today's rancid economy.

tommy tornado

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2013, 09:28:33 AM »
I am just going to wait. 

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2013, 05:11:47 PM »
The problem is you have to take their word on it. When someone is making 300% profit on something that they were lucky to make 20% on two weeks earlier, it becomes very tempting to pocket the difference. Especially in today's rancid economy.

I'm sitting on 10 AR GI mags that I paid $7/each for and I could probably get $20/each for them now.  AND I don't even own an AR, I was planning on it then BHO got re-elected... ::)

Could sell them to get my HK91 rebarreled... ???
He who dares wins.  SAS

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2013, 08:07:22 PM »
I only have the one thirty rounder that came with my AR, and it's about wore out. So it will be broken and thrown away soon.

;D ;D ;D
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2013, 09:58:47 PM »
I'm sitting on 10 AR GI mags that I paid $7/each for and I could probably get $20/each for them now.  AND I don't even own an AR, I was planning on it then BHO got re-elected... ::)

Could sell them to get my HK91 rebarreled... ???
I'll give you $80 Magoo, and I hooked you up with those, so I'll claim right of first refusal, but my advice is to hold onto them and buy an AR. I doubt an AWB will pass. Instead we'll be nibbled to death by ducks with things like shredding military brass and the like. I mean hell, the Dems can't even get the votes to pass an AWB on a straight majority in the Senate, much less beat a filibuster, and that's miles from getting it through the House.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 10:33:44 PM »

twyacht

• "Cogito, ergo armatum sum."
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 06:52:49 AM »
If your not an exclusive PMAG snob,  ;)

Mako Group has E-Landers, Steel 30rd. mags for $18.00 in stock, but a 2-3 month backlog.

Made in Israel for the Tavor, M16, and common sidearms, they were tested by special military forces
and anti-terror units. These magazines have proven to withstand severe combat conditions and requirements.

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/earm30%20w.htm

Thomas Jefferson: The strongest reason for the people to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against the tyranny of government. That is why our masters in Washington are so anxious to disarm us. They are not afraid of criminals. They are afraid of a populace which cannot be subdued by tyrants."
Col. Jeff Cooper.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 08:20:11 AM »
If your not an exclusive PMAG snob,  ;)

Mako Group has E-Landers, Steel 30rd. mags for $18.00 in stock, but a 2-3 month backlog.

Made in Israel for the Tavor, M16, and common sidearms, they were tested by special military forces
and anti-terror units. These magazines have proven to withstand severe combat conditions and requirements.

http://www.themakogroup.com/product_p/earm30%20w.htm

OR just buy GI mags. I like the P-mags better, but the GI mags work just fine. My first mag will be a  P-mag, but after that? Its what ever is to hand and I  don't feel I got short changed on the GI mags I bought.  Sucks that they got lost in the boating accident though.  ;D

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2013, 08:05:21 AM »

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2013, 05:20:09 AM »
The P-Mag frenzy appears to be dieing down. I just received 32 P-Mags from Otto Firearms and the Shooters Source. Both had them at normal prices with no limits. I still haven't seen them in Cabela's or Sportsman's Warehouse as of yet, but I'm sure they will follow shortly. Now that they're becoming available no one wants them. Instead they're busy paying $62.95 a box for 9 MM FMJ. Go figure.

http://www.ableammo.com/catalog/federal-range-target-pistol-ammunition-rt9115-full-metal-jacket-1180-rdbx-p-126408.html

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2013, 07:52:14 AM »
http://www.brownells.com/magazines/rifle-magazines/magazines/ar-15-m16-pmag-polymer-magazine-10-pak-prod42583.aspx

Brownell's has 10 packs of 30 round, Gen 2 P-Mags in stock for $125.00. That's just $12.50 per magazine. I ordered 3, 10 packs yesterday, and they'll be here by Friday. Anyone who shoots AR-15 platform rifles would be wise to grab several of these while they can.

We most likely are safe from another high body count school shooting for the rest of the Summer. But when, (not if), it happens again after school is back in session, this whole thing will play itself out with worse results next time. And there will be a next time. 

Even if you don't need them presently, it's a good idea to buy them now at prices that are very affordable. I did that with 9 MM FMJ ammo, and now I'm very glad I did. You can always easily sell them down the road for more than you paid for them. Especially if you keep them in the poly bag. They are more or less a type of "investment", if you look at it that way.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk