Author Topic: Mosin Love  (Read 13695 times)

justbill

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Mosin Love
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 10:42:51 AM »
While I prefer the full-size 91/30 from a shooter's perspective, I really shoulda bought at least one M44 when they were south of $60. Sad to say, it wasn't that long ago.

david86440

« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2011, 01:39:15 PM »
While I prefer the full-size 91/30 from a shooter's perspective, I really shoulda bought at least one M44 when they were south of $60. Sad to say, it wasn't that long ago.

2 M44's were my first ever Mosin purchases. One of them has remained untouched since I bought it and the other one is no longer recognizable as an M44 which I regret.  I didn't think they would ever be worth anything, boy was I wrong but at least I still have one that hasn't been buggered.

justbill

• Liked:
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2011, 01:52:57 PM »
David, funny you noted the condition of your M44's. When they were still cheap I toyed with the idea of buying one to minimally sporterize. Ditch the pigsticker, add conventional sling studs, maybe add a Mojo rear sight. That sort of thing. I figured it would make a good loaner/backup rifle during deer season. Not a bad trunk gun either. But by the time I seriously considered the project, M44's were gone. Now that they're back at $200+ it doesn't make any sense.

tombogan03884

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2011, 01:58:05 PM »
$200 + is still more oomph for less cash than an SKS.

david86440

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2011, 02:04:31 PM »
David, funny you noted the condition of your M44's. When they were still cheap I toyed with the idea of buying one to minimally sporterize. Ditch the pigsticker, add conventional sling studs, maybe add a Mojo rear sight. That sort of thing. I figured it would make a good loaner/backup rifle during deer season. Not a bad trunk gun either. But by the time I seriously considered the project, M44's were gone. Now that they're back at $200+ it doesn't make any sense.

My butchered and my original M44's. It looks different today than what is pictured.  I didn't like the scope mount and I have it in a different stock,

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 02:58:46 PM »

justbill

• Liked:
« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
How was it turning down the bolt handle?

david86440

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2011, 03:16:42 PM »
How was it turning down the bolt handle?

The bolt in the previous post is an ATI conversion kit that I did and I don't like it. Since then I have had a guy in Utah do some for me as shown in these pictures. I sent him one to do so I could check his quality and it was top notch so I sent him 5 more to do and they were not the same quality workmanship as the first one, almost as if someone else had done them. I would not give him anymore business.
Also included pics of a 91/30 that I sold a friend of mine and he added the Jmeck scope mount.

http://www.jmeckscopemounts.com/

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2011, 08:52:04 AM »
Where did you get the stocks from. I'd like to put another accessory on my MN that's worth more than the rifle.
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2011, 09:55:20 AM »
Where did you get the stocks from. I'd like to put another accessory on my MN that's worth more than the rifle.

A good leather sling will fill that criteria! ;D
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

CJS3

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2011, 01:35:21 PM »
Already done!  ;)
Children, pets, and slaves are taken care of. Free Men take care of themselves.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk