Author Topic: Question For TAB  (Read 6887 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Question For TAB
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2018, 03:03:58 PM »
You want both.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2018, 05:46:29 PM »
In living both in Illinois and Arizona, I've never seen anything put down under concrete.

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 05:58:49 PM »
You want both.

Gravel for a more solid base and sand to fill in the gaps?
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 06:09:41 PM »
Gravel for base and sand for better finishing

Timothy

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »
All layers compacted thoroughly.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 10:05:51 AM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 09:25:23 PM »
Can anyone recommend a good concrete sealer that will protect from automotive oil drippings soaking into and staining the concrete? If I'm going to do it, I would just as soon do it after it cures, and before I start using it. That way I can eliminate the cleaning, pressure washing, etc.

I know it is more than a sealer, but when we visit Arizona I see a lot of driveways with the epoxy coating that we use inside.  I don't know how it stands up to UV, but it stands up well against oils, fuels, chemicals, and even tire wear.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 10:21:01 PM »
I know it is more than a sealer, but when we visit Arizona I see a lot of driveways with the epoxy coating that we use inside.  I don't know how it stands up to UV, but it stands up well against oils, fuels, chemicals, and even tire wear.

If that's what I think it is it's supposed to stand up to urine on barn floors. I didn't know anyone used it on concrete outdoors. I learn a lot interesting little tidbits on here.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 10:40:19 PM »
If that's what I think it is it's supposed to stand up to urine on barn floors. I didn't know anyone used it on concrete outdoors. I learn a lot interesting little tidbits on here.
they make if stabilised products, but once again with out a moisture barrier  it will not hold up.  Not too mention the concrete  used for that environment  is much better then used on a drive way.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2018, 05:19:52 AM »
The problem with the Epoxy Coatings is the cost. My neighbor just had the inside of his garage done, and it looks beautiful. But all total it cost him over $3.80 @ sq. ft. installed. You can find a closeout on ceramic tile for almost as much.

A lot of homes in Sun City do the Epoxy Coating on the entire driveway. It looks great, and wears well. Again, the problem is cost. They make clear, high gloss sealers that look almost as good, but are far cheaper and easier to apply.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2018, 10:40:51 AM »
they make if stabilised products, but once again with out a moisture barrier  it will not hold up.  Not too mention the concrete  used for that environment  is much better then used on a drive way.

I don't know what barns you have built, but it is no different in our region.  Shop floors, barn floors, garage floors, and driveways ... All the same mix.

They are using it on garage floors nationwide, and most have no vapor barriers.  Our local Ambulance garage has it, and it was applied in the mid 80's..
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk