Author Topic: Miserable Cold  (Read 24846 times)

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
Re: Miserable Cold
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2018, 01:50:32 PM »
I would die in hi.   The small islands, pace and lack or promoters would drive me nuts.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Timothy

« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2018, 08:27:20 PM »

Crazy February weather!

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #102 on: February 21, 2018, 09:16:31 PM »
71?!?!?! I thought it was a heatwave when it got up to a record high 61 degrees yesterday. It was still 55 when the 11:00 news came on last night, but it cooled off today. We had an inch of rain yesterday and between the heat and the rain, the snow went bye-bye. There's not a speck of snow anywhere in my yard or driveway. Nothing on the street or by the curb where the plow piled it up either. I think they plowed my street 2 or 3 times this winter. It's freezing right now, and headed down to 26 tonight. BRR! There's a river flood warning until 1:00 P.M. Friday. Yesterday some other counties were flooded so bad they were closing businesses and schools, and some people's houses looked like they were siting in a pond. One place had so much rainwater and broken ice in a river, it was hitting a new bridge that connects 2 sides of the city. It was still intact but I'm not sure if it still is today.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #103 on: February 21, 2018, 09:16:41 PM »
Rub it in dude.  26 with ice here. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #104 on: February 22, 2018, 06:43:10 AM »
Note the time!  It was 1638!

I think it was 73 when I left the shop at 1630, about ten minute drive home.

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 09:09:16 PM »

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2018, 02:05:50 PM »
I'm glad we matched 1930's record high of 61° Tuesday, or 60° according to an online source, and not 2015's record low of -25°. I don't remember it ever getting that cold. Today is 38° and sunny, and it's going up tomorrow. It's supposed to get up  to 55° next Tuesday then back down again. Up and down, up and down.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2018, 03:34:05 PM »
I'm glad we matched 1930's record high of 61° Tuesday, or 60° according to an online source, and not 2015's record low of -25°. I don't remember it ever getting that cold. Today is 38° and sunny, and it's going up tomorrow. It's supposed to get up  to 55° next Tuesday then back down again. Up and down, up and down.

I was tent camping as an Explorer leader with the Explorer troop at Tar Hollow St. Park in Ohio when the overnight low was -21.   
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: February 22, 2018, 05:01:45 PM »
I was tent camping as an Explorer leader with the Explorer troop at Tar Hollow St. Park in Ohio when the overnight low was -21.

I feel for you. That really sucks, and anyone who hasn't tried sleeping in bone-chilling cold can't fully understand the experience. In basic training at Ft. Dix, NJ it was -17 the night we had our bivouac. The guys were all freezing our ***s off in pup tents, while the female soldiers (there were no women in the army  ::)) were all in a GP medium with tent stoves blazing away (at both ends, I think). We didn't have any winter boots or much other winter clothing, and we had plain old non-arctic type sleeping bags. I wore all of my clothes including my boots inside my sleeping bag, and was still freezing. I don't really think I slept that night. Every time I started to nod off I had a fierce full body shiver that shook me wide awake. It wasn't a seizure but as close to one as you'd want to get.

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2018, 07:35:26 AM »
Maybe the former ATL weather gal, Dagmar Midcap, can warm your cockles till spring.  Don't you just love that name. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: February 27, 2018, 10:46:11 PM »
We had another record high today, 59 degrees, beating the 86 year old record of 58 in 1932. It felt a lot better outside with no jacket than with one. The average for the date is 36 and the record low was -14, so 59 is really hot in comparison. Tomorrow is supposed to get up to 55, one degree less than the record, so still no complaints from me. Yet. I'll wear a jacket when I go out around sunset tomorrow. The bad news is March starts out with rain, possibly more than an inch, then maybe an inch of snow at night.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk