Author Topic: Miserable Cold  (Read 24845 times)

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
Re: Miserable Cold
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2018, 09:53:14 AM »
We've had cold plenty of times, but this is becoming my most physically painful winter yet.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Jim Kennedy-ar154me

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1447
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2018, 09:35:46 AM »
Now all of a sudden it is 60 degrees here.  What the heck??
The time for action is upon us and the enemy is at our gates. Let us not allow them one more inch of advancement but instead throw them through the gates of Hell.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2018, 02:31:09 PM »
I had the same problem when I was snowmobiling but it was more like 1 inch long.   :-[   Any shorter and it would have been an inny instead of an outty.
LOL!  You guys have me in tears. 

My parents live up in Montana, 20 miles south of Canadia and 90 miles NW of Great Falls.  They left home on December 23rd and drove to California to catch a cruise to Mexico the beginning of January.  Rainy and 60'ish for the entirety of the cruise, which happened to be about the same as it was at my house (benefit of living on the West side of Oregon).  They are on their way home now, it's been -20's to -40's according to my son-he lives about 50 miles east of mom and dad.  BRRRrrrrr....
He who dares wins.  SAS

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #83 on: January 23, 2018, 01:02:19 AM »
When it hits negative numbers here it's usually something like -3, not -20. I don't think it's ever been -40 anywhere near here in my lifetime. If the temperature displayed in my truck's rear-view mirror was right or even close to it we got up to the 50s Monday afternoon.

The record low for Michigan was -51 making it the 12th coldest state record. That was in 1934 and that was up north where it naturally gets colder. That's still a lot better than -80 in Alaska.

The record high for Michigan was 112 in 1936 making it the 31st hottest state record. I looked again and it's actually a tie between Alabama, Georgia, Michigan, and West Virginia and they were listed in alphabetical order. California alone was the hottest at 134 degrees.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._state_temperature_extremes
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2018, 11:01:08 PM »
As I was headed for bed last night, with most of the lights already off, I wondered what that light was shining in the window when I walked by. It was light from porch lights and street lights and whatever moon light there was, all reflecting off the snow so bright that it lit up the whole neighborhood. We had so many days without a speck of snow anywhere that I was used to looking out the window and not being able to see my ATV at all parked 20 feet away in the darkness. Now it was bright enough to read license plates.

I was surprised that it snowed at all. On the weekend I checked the weather for the next 2 weeks. There was 0-20% chance of snow most days with the highest being 40% on Wednesday of next week IIRC. So much for the 10 or 20% chance it was supposed to be. When I swept my truck off today it had a good 8" or a little more on it. The weatherman tonight said it was 9.7". But it varies in different parts of the city, and some of the snow on my truck melted and turned to ice. And now it's supposed to get colder but not that sub-zero cold, just 12 degrees, and it should be up to about 41 Wednesday.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Sponsor

« Reply #85 on: Today at 07:00:18 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #85 on: February 01, 2018, 06:22:09 AM »
We hit 68 here yesterday and I had to work.

Dang it.

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2018, 08:18:06 AM »
Supposed  too be 55 here today, right at freezing right now.  It has been pretty nice, the last week.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2018, 02:08:46 PM »
For the next 2 weeks we're supposed to have highs around 20-35 every day and lows of about 10-25, except next Wednesday and Thursday night when it gets colder. All the snow I couldn't sweep off my truck melted yesterday and the majority of what was on the sidewalk melted. I still haven't shoveled my sidewalk or driveway this winter.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 580
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2018, 07:49:54 PM »
Dang high today was 23.  It was supposed to be 31-32 but there you are.

There is also a wet mist on everything.  Worse some areas than others making the roads dangerous.

I had to go into work for several hours today and saw quite a few wrecks.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Timothy

« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2018, 08:16:51 PM »
Mid 50’s today!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk