Author Topic: Inside The Pant Carry Holster Recommendations  (Read 20344 times)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Inside The Pant Carry Holster Recommendations
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2009, 01:47:44 PM »
I've been "beta-testing" an IWB from a relative newcomer, John Ralston at 5-Shot Leather:

http://www.5shotleather.com/

I have to say I'm pretty impressed. Not only is the holster beautiful, it's extremely well thought out, with dual belt loops to allow the holster to fit over a blet loop on the pants, a reinforced mouth for reholstering — which is important in a real world as well as a competition context! — and a skin guard for the hammer (a la the great Lou Alessi...who is one of Ralston's mentors).

I've worn the holster with the Carry 9 for several days now (I got it at SHOT, then broke it in by putting the gun in the plastic bag the holster came in and shoving the gun in the holster...in a couple of days, viola, a "broken-in" holster!).

At this point, I;m willing to give it a TWO THUMBS UP...I was wearing it yesterday and I forgot I had it on...for an IWB, that is perfect!

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

5shot

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2009, 02:21:04 PM »
Thank you Michael!

Some day when you need a good home for your Heinie gun, we can get you something like this....

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 08:49:41 AM »
Thank you Michael!

Some day when you need a good home for your Heinie gun, we can get you something like this....

Next payday I'm pretty certain you'll get at least one call from Oklahoma.  I see that 1911's are available in the Uncle Lou, how about something for CZ-75 Compact and a Ruger SR-9 (yes MB I still like mine despite the griping I did about the trigger....the overall design, reliability and performance overcomes the heavy pull which, OK, I'll say it, may be beneficial for concealed carry)?  Also, I saw some really neat Stingray hide at a gun show recently......
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 11:49:57 PM »
obviously I know SFA about this however  I did hear MB talk about that new Holster he is testing out on a PodCast

on another podcast I heard about Smart Carry holsters

http://smartcarry.com/
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

tombogan03884

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 11:52:43 PM »
obviously I know SFA about this however  I did hear MB talk about that new Holster he is testing out on a PodCast

on another podcast I heard about Smart Carry holsters

http://smartcarry.com/

I've heard good things about the holsters and Charlie Parrot the old Marine who makes them. Never tried one myself yet.

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 03:00:27 PM »

gorknoids

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2009, 07:49:36 PM »
Uncle Mikes Side kick
    www.uncle-mikes.com

Same here.  About 12:30 with the XD 9.

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 583
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2009, 09:14:25 PM »
Got one on pre-order....no SR9 mold.  Oh well....drop back to the M&P.

By the way, I like that avatar gorknoids.
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

gorknoids

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2009, 05:50:22 PM »
I wish I'd invented it!  The Mrs. won't let me get it tattooed on me anywhere, unfortunately.......

bikerfella1982

• The Newbie With Question's
  • Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 09:47:11 PM »
Uncle Mikes Side kick
    www.uncle-mikes.com

I bought this exact item and found that it was WAY to bulky, the snap retention was too hard to unbutton and rode to high.
Just my personal opinion.  I think it would be GREAT for outside the pants...hunting or on personal property.
  then again...im toting around the Springfield XD .45acp Tactical for my CCW  lol... i know its not your typical CCW but i got to work with what i have.
"Life's like wipin' yer a$$ with a wagon wheel...The $h!t just rolls on and on and on......"

tombogan03884

« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2009, 01:03:43 PM »
I bought this exact item and found that it was WAY to bulky, the snap retention was too hard to unbutton and rode to high.
Just my personal opinion.  I think it would be GREAT for outside the pants...hunting or on personal property.
  then again...im toting around the Springfield XD .45acp Tactical for my CCW  lol... i know its not your typical CCW but i got to work with what i have.

This is what I use;

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/inside_the_pant_holsters.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk