Author Topic: Would you think its worthy of defending your life with?!?!  (Read 39574 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: Would you think its worthy of defending your life with?!?!
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 10:19:59 AM »
I've carried 1911's and other .45's fully loaded...  Ideal as for single shot damage on target.  MUCH harder to hide, & heavy.  If nothing else, the Beretta's a sweet backup!  Try it.  Before you know it you may be leaving that .45 at home more and more.

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 12:17:29 PM »
Badgersmilk...I'm gonna go out on a limb...an I might be reading more into it than there is...but I'm gonna guess that you like the Beretta Bobcat. I could be wrong...but I just kinda get that feeling.  ;D ;D
If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

Thanos

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 12:24:43 PM »
Ftlb of energy lie... send a grain of sand going 90% the speed of light and it will have the energy of all the bombs droped ever.   Does not mean it would make a good SD round.

Double the speed, Quadruple the impace energy...Now increase the speed by a factor of 10^26...Oh yeah. You could blow a hole in Jupiter. Although the Third Law of Motion makes me wonder what would happen to the person who shot it. ;)

Timothy

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 12:52:08 PM »
Double the speed, Quadruple the impace energy...Now increase the speed by a factor of 10^26...Oh yeah. You could blow a hole in Jupiter. Although the Third Law of Motion makes me wonder what would happen to the person who shot it. ;)

Be careful Thanos, not all us of remember elemental physics...we went to school a long, long, long time ago...but I pondered the same question... ;D

Badgersmilk

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2009, 02:04:27 PM »
I like almost ALL guns!  I think all .22's and the little bobcat get a bad wrap, & a lot less respect than they deserve.  To many guys get carried away by the latest "trendy" rounds (40S&W, 45GAP come to mind), ego trips and smack talk from a dealer that just wants to move product.  Manufactures HAVE to keep coming up with some kind of new caliber just to stay in business  (If light bulbs never burned out after you bought the first one would GE still be in business?) If for some very strange reason I'm not going to shoot more than once.  Give me a .45 every time!

If your going to use your conceal carry gun...  I'm guessing its gonna be pretty close shooting.  Two rounds of .22 in the head...  I cant think of the guy tough enough to shoot back from that!  Seems like the boys in the mafia have been doing it that way for some time!

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 03:05:47 PM »

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »
I dont think you read all of Fatman's post

Stinger 32 grain mv      energy    100 yd vel     energy
                      1640     191           1132         91

Aguila   30 grain  1750    533          1191         363

I call BS on Aguila. Somethings not right there.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Badgersmilk

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2009, 04:27:17 PM »
Fatman did great finding out what the round was (happend quicker than I though it would!).  But Aguila isnt at fault.  Its was the boys at Guns and Ammo (their statistics).  Aguila's site as been disfunctional & useless since day one.  They make good ammo though!

"SELF DEFENSE DISTANCE":  7-15 FEET

Hmmm, food for thought. 

If you miss the first shot due to a struggle, panic, obstruction, whatever.  Shot's 2-7 come WAY quicker with a .22 than anything else out there.  Even the biggest guy isnt much threat with his brains falling out the back of his head.  Miss with the first round from a .45 and Mr. Bad Guy has a lot better chance to react in a way not so pleasant for you.

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2009, 05:02:01 PM »
Fatman did great finding out what the round was (happend quicker than I though it would!).  But Aguila isnt at fault.  Its was the boys at Guns and Ammo (their statistics). 

But the statistics are the basis of your entire argument...... If they are not an accurate representation of their performance, then you are just fooling yourself believing they will be enough to stop a bad guy..... They are not delivering the energy on target that you believe they are.

Even the biggest guy isnt much threat with his brains falling out the back of his head. 

You mean, slowly trickling out through a pinhole leak because the rounds dont expand enough to make a sizable exit hole?

.... Now if they start designing pocket autoloaders or revolvers in .22 mag we can start talking about using .22s for personal defense...... especially if they start truly designing the bullets to expand for personal defense:

Federal .22 win mag
30 gr
Muzzle velocity 2200 fps
Muzzle energy 322 ft pds
100 yd velocity 1419 fps
100 yd energy 134 ft pds

Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

CZShooter

• IDPA SO/MD, NRA RSO
  • Top Forum Member
  • CZ75...the choice of anime's hottest bounty hunter
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2009, 05:54:09 PM »
.... Now if they start designing pocket autoloaders or revolvers in .22 mag we can start talking about using .22s for personal defense......

Here's my "pocket protector"...chambered in .22 mag. It's the gun I carry when I'm not carrying a gun.

If the women don't find you handsome...they should at least find you handy.

Green Mountain Gringo

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2009, 06:15:26 PM »
Although I can't say that this gun would be my CHOICE in a gunfight, it sure would be welcome if it were the only one in my pocket when the shit went down.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk