Author Topic: Open Carry vs Concealed Carry  (Read 21762 times)

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Re: Open Carry vs Concealed Carry
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2009, 12:46:22 PM »
I haven't open carried since I wore a uniform.  Personally I prefer the element of surprise.  Besides, as m58 mentioned, too many people are still scared to death of guns and the evil people who carry them.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

tombogan03884

« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2009, 02:00:03 PM »
I haven't open carried since I got my first CCW  in 1981, but the sissy people need to be acclimatized to it, We're here, we're KEEPING our rights and they BETTER just get over it.
After all, what are they going to do about it, there are 90 MILLION of us and we ALL have guns ?

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2009, 04:48:44 PM »
While hunting or fishing I will open carry, though I mostly will conceal it. But I do agree with keeping the firearm concealed while in a populated area.

tombogan03884

« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2009, 08:25:52 PM »
While hunting or fishing I will open carry, though I mostly will conceal it. But I do agree with keeping the firearm concealed while in a populated area.

That's part of how we got INTO this situation, "Oh, we don't want to offend any one"
F#ck em., if they are such pussies that the mere sight of a gun gives them the shivering shits, they should just go some where and die, what are they going to do if some one actually speaks harshly to them, go into therapy ?

True_Texan

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 01:58:57 AM »
That's part of how we got INTO this situation, "Oh, we don't want to offend any one"
F#ck em., if they are such pussies that the mere sight of a gun gives them the shivering shits, they should just go some where and die, what are they going to do if some one actually speaks harshly to them, go into therapy ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bkt1vAX0MRM

"Before giving someone a piece of your mind, be sure you have enough to spare."

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 07:55:57 PM »

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 04:28:04 AM »
Well, this is some awesome open-carry right here - at an Obama speech! Go Arizona!

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/08/17/obama.protest.rifle/index.html

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 08:12:53 AM »

They're probably already in therapy.  8)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 12:05:47 PM »
Here's the reply I posted on CNN's site:

I fail to see what all the fuss is about. The gentleman was exercising his God-given rights, as guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States. The fact is that he behaved himself perfectly. There were no attempts made on the life of the President. There were no shots fired an anybody or anything. The weapon was never used in a threatening manner. Much like most lawful gun owners in this country, he was polite and considerate. Let’s face it, an armed society is a polite society. If you don’t want to see the gun that somebody is carrying, look the other way……much as I do to avoid seeing the spandex that is stretched precariously over your cottage-cheese like thighs.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 01:29:56 PM »
Here's the reply I posted on CNN's site:

Nicely done tt.
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 01:36:20 PM »
much as I do to avoid seeing the spandex that is stretched precariously over your cottage-cheese like thighs.

See, just because you can do something, doesnt mean you necessarily should.
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk