Author Topic: Open Carry vs Concealed Carry  (Read 21761 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Open Carry vs Concealed Carry
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 12:07:36 AM »
Electric torch could be high tech arson  ;D

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 01:07:43 AM »

Oops! Yeah, it's late. Sorry about the poor grammar.

tt11758

• Noolis bastardis carborundum (Don't let the bastards wear you down)
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger ~
    • 10-Ring Firearms Training
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2009, 05:06:00 PM »
My name is tt, and I open carried today.

Ok, so I open carried only to my early morning job, and then only as an homage to my boss there who, the day after getting his CCW, open caried to work at the station all day yesterday.

I did go back to the pocket holster before reporting to job #2, however.  Still more comfortable NOT having people know for sure.
I love waking up every morning knowing that Donald Trump is President!!

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2009, 06:50:43 PM »
I spent a year in Minneapolis last Thursday, and carried the whole time.  I have a Bianchi IWB that isn't tuckable, so I just pull the dress shirt out in that small area. 

I have practiced the draw, and it is fast.  I don't need to use both hands.  I just come up with my thumb under the shirt, wrap it around the grip, and by the time I have my whole hand on the the grip the shirt is completely free.

To me it was very easy to see I was carrying, but I only saw one confirmation that others could.  It was insurance license continuing education, and in the ethics section a topic led to the instructor (from Texas) asked if Minnesota has the castle law.  I was the only one to respond ... I carry on the right side, and for the meeting I was sitting on what was my right hand end of the table (on the center aisle) where the speakers could see me easily ... When I answered that Minnesota did, and she had to explain to most others what the castle law is, she looked back at me and winked.  Now ... I didn't just fall of the turnip truck, so I know that this babe wasn't taken in by my athletic physic and charming good looks  ;)

One nice thing I learned about this style of carry is that when I needed to stop for gas after 10 PM, and some less than polite customers arrived, I just tucked my shirt in.  In five seconds I can go from concealed to open or back again.

Have I ever explained to you how much I hate the city?  I spent eight years in the LA basin of southern Cal and hated every minute of it ... To this day I'm surprised I didn't run away from home.  Maybe that is why my mom sent me "back home" every summer to work and spend time with relatives.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2009, 07:55:13 PM »
  Now ... I didn't just fall of the turnip truck, so I know that this babe wasn't taken in by my athletic physic and charming good looks  ;)

You were wearing the "UPS" uniform, weren't you?  ;D
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

Sponsor

« Reply #45 on: Today at 03:04:00 PM »

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 887
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2009, 08:01:19 PM »
You were wearing the "UPS" uniform, weren't you?  ;D

Dress shirt and tie, brand new Wranglers that actually fit (a rarity around here right now), and highly polished black boots ... oh yea, and a SS S&W 1911 in a tan Bianchi  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk