Author Topic: Gun Stories  (Read 22773 times)

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Gun Stories
« on: April 12, 2011, 07:22:07 PM »
With the advent of Outdoor channel and MB's new venture " Gun Stories " why not have our own thread on it, maybe not exactly like the new show, but guns we know or own, that have a story, I know I have several and have owned even more, who knows, maybe MB will publish your story. ( note: this is an individual suggestion, not supported or endorsed by the OD channel ). What say you?
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

philw

• Top Forum Member
  • Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi
    • Australian Hunting Net
  • Liked:
Re: Gun Stories
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2011, 10:58:34 PM »
+1

sounds like a really good show,    would be great if whole shows were available for streaming after it aired  like some other shows do ( hint hint,  also pls make it available out side of the US ;) )
Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can praise them, disagree with them, quote them, disbelieve them, glorify or vilify them. The only thing you can’t do is ignore them

Ocin

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 07:03:27 AM »
+1

sounds like a really good show,    would be great if whole shows were available for streaming after it aired  like some other shows do ( hint hint,  also pls make it available out side of the US ;) )

+1 indeed
Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest.
Gandhi, An Autobiography, p. 446 (Beacon Press paperback edition)

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2011, 10:54:13 AM »
Guys...I just saw the first rough cut of Episode 1 of GUN STORIES...it is all I hoped, and believed, it would be...the best gun show ever made.

OUTDOOR CHANNEL has invested a lot of money into this project, and Producer Tim Cremin and I have pretty much put our reputations  on the line on this one. I believe I will sleep better tonight than I have in a long time!

I wish I could show it to you, but it's TOP SECRET for now, especially since OC hasn't yet made the announcement on our Hollywood "A" List host...my plan is for DRTV to "premier" a long-version show trailer as soon as  we can, which will probably be late May/early June.

I now know why producers have ulcers...

Michael B

Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2011, 11:34:06 AM »
Guys...I just saw the first rough cut of Episode 1 of GUN STORIES...it is all I hoped, and believed, it would be...the best gun show ever made.

OUTDOOR CHANNEL has invested a lot of money into this project, and Producer Tim Cremin and I have pretty much put our reputations  on the line on this one. I believe I will sleep better tonight than I have in a long time!

I wish I could show it to you, but it's TOP SECRET for now, especially since OC hasn't yet made the announcement on our Hollywood "A" List host...my plan is for DRTV to "premier" a long-version show trailer as soon as  we can, which will probably be late May/early June.

Michael B

Don't sweat it old man.  Your reputation went down the tubes when you invited us to this party of yours  ;)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:23:49 PM »

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2011, 02:50:45 PM »

Michael B

MB, this will be another big hit for the OUTDOOR CHANNEL, can't wait to check it out!!! 
A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

kilopaparomeo

• Top Forum Member
  • My own private purgatory...
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2011, 07:07:26 PM »
OK, I told this one before but I'll tell it again...

Rugers have accompanied me through many of my best memories.  I've owned a few...Blackhawks and MkIIs and Vaqueros and Deerslayers...and lusted after others...namely Red Labels.  But the gun that holds a place deep in my heart is my .45 Colt Blackhawk.

My best friend of 32 years passed back in 2006.  We met when we were 8 years old in Cub Scouts and played Little League together.  As John and I grew up together, we egged each other on to become shooters.  All through high school we stumbled through the sometimes confusing shooting world, learning as we went along but mostly trying to absorb everything every gun writer had to say.  Elmer Keith and Bill Jordan probably influenced us the most...as a result each of us bought Blackhawks.  John's was a 4-5/8" .41 Mag and mine a .45 Colt wearing a 7-1/2" barrel.  John liked to call my pistol a pipsqueak because it shot "that old man's cartridge" but through reloading and relying on the strength of the Ruger design, we made that old girl ROAR!  Most weekends were spent assembling loads and then testing them for accuracy (and often testing our young-ish hands for recoil).  I swear that if the EPA ever tested the hillside on my family's farm that we used as a berm, they would immediately declare it a Superfund site from the lead content.

During college, John and I took a fraternity chum to Tennesee to hunt wild boar.  Walt had his compound bow and John and I, of course, carried our Blackhawks.  Walt shot his boar from a tree stand...well at least the first arrow.  A quiver full later produced the requisite pork.  John's keen eyesight and natural shooting ability allowed him to harvest a 325 pounder on the run.  Me?  Didn't see a thing all morning.  So the guide suggested we get some lunch then take after the pigs on foot.

5 dogs led our charge (2 of them were new as the boars have a nasty habit of killing the dogs used in tracking them).  The guide and I heard them ahead and we bolted up a hillside after them.  As we crested the ridge, the boar saw us, charged, teeth popping...as my guide bravely scrambled up a low slung tree.

So there I was...alone, Blackhawk in hand and a rather perturbed boar barreling down on me.  Wyatt Earp would have been proud.  At 15 yards I had the big pistol up (I don't remember cocking it) and fired.  The bullet contacted just above the boar's left eye and sent the pig reeling back.  He jumped to his feet and proceeded to chase the dogs who had gathered to watch the show.  A finishing shot in the boiler room put the pig down.  The first shot coursed around the boar's hard head and travelled the length of this back, exiting near the rump...tough animals, wild boar.

John's gone now.  Whenever I pull the Blackhawk from the safe, I think of him.  The pistol's trigger is smooth and crisp...but not from a trigger job.  It has a feel that you can only get from shooting thousands of full house loads on Saturday afternoons out on the farm with your best friend.  The bluing is worn and there's a scratch or two...but I'll never refinish it.  Those scars were put there when I tramped through the woods with my friend.

NRA Endowment Life Member
SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
Ultima Ratio Civis - "The last method of a citizen"

m25operator

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 06:10:47 AM »
KPR, that's what I was going after, been up a long time, and just caught this, had a good story in mind, but I do like yours and the pic, kudo's to you, I hope more will follow your lead.
" The Pact, to defend, if not TO AVENGE '  Tarna the Tarachian.

dgray64

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 03:18:38 PM »
Michael, you have nothing to worry about.  In fact you will now be even more famous.  Wow what a show.  I've watched the NRA show which is basically a gun report or facts show and it's totally dull compared to Gun Stories.  I look forward to the next show!!  Keep up the great work.

Dave       ;D

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 10:21:58 AM »
With the advent of Outdoor channel and MB's new venture " Gun Stories " why not have our own thread on it, maybe not exactly like the new show, but guns we know or own, that have a story, I know I have several and have owned even more, who knows, maybe MB will publish your story. ( note: this is an individual suggestion, not supported or endorsed by the OD channel ). What say you?

Yeah, I'd like to see something more along those lines next season, in fact when MB first posited the title 'Gun Stories' I thought he was thinking about stories a particular gun or it's owner/user would tell rather than the history of a particluar model - and how hard would it have been to lose that bit about being "hit in the little finger with a 45" on the cutting room floor?  :D

MP
Best Wishes, Mike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk