Author Topic: On Gun Stories: The Glock  (Read 12124 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
On Gun Stories: The Glock
« on: October 03, 2011, 05:27:15 PM »

In the early 1980s, Gaston Glock, who knew nothing about firearms but was an expert in advanced synthetic polymers, assembled a huge group of experts to help him create the ideal military handgun. The result of that meeting was ultimately the Glock 17, which virtually overnight became the single best-selling pistol in history…

Episode Premiere.

Air Times on Outdoor Channel: 10-05 at 2:00PM | 10-05 at 7:30PM | 10-05 at 10:30PM | 10-06 at 1:30AM | 10-09 at 6:30AM. All times EST.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: On Gun Stories: The Glock
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 08:46:28 PM »
The episode I have been waiting for!!! Woot hoot.

Have loved Glocks since my first Glock purchase, a G17 in 9mm, in 1992. Have owned and carried many other brands, but always kept a Glock on hand. Have owned 7 different Glock models through the years. Very reliable and accurate.

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2011, 11:49:04 PM »
i owned all of the 9 mm and both 45's when they first came out.  I found them interesting inexpensive to own and reliable.  i soon went to the 1911 and never looked back until i  re discovered the 10 mm.  I went with glock again as they have had the longest history of reliability with this round.   In re-familiarizing myself with this weapon i am awed by its simplicity, reliability, ease of ownership,light weight, recoil absorbency , accuracy etc.   i can't for the life of me remember why i left them in the first place. One heck of a mechanical marvel.     The glock 20 i not only shoot 10 mm but with a barrel change i shoot 40 and 9 mm (with reduced recoil guide rod spring) and using same magazines, extrator etc.  I also purchased a 22 lr upper.  One frame 4 different rounds whats not to like.

I hope they do a show on the 10 mm caliber and its attributes.

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Black1

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 10:00:51 PM »
I met Gaston a few years ago in Orlando. I happened to be visiting a friend that works at Cessna/Citation and he was working on Gaston's jet. Mr. Glock is a recluse these days, because of the past attempts on his life. But, he was there, on site that day... (it's a quite secure environment there). He was quite cordial and we talked, at length, about firearms in general and his wonderful pistols. He climbed up in his plane (it was in the paint shop at the time) and pulled out a sterling silver key chain and gave it to me. I cherish it to this day.... he's quite a man. I'm honored to have met him. He pilots the plane himself, and likes to travel exclusively that way. When I asked him why, he told me, "Jake, no one is trying to kill you at 30,000 feet."

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 01:25:27 PM »
Looks like i missed the show.....had to work.   Soo how was it?  give me info!!!!!!  LOL
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:38:15 AM »

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2011, 01:42:25 PM »
Next airtime is 10-09 at 6:30AM. All times EST.

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2011, 02:43:44 PM »
hey thanks a bunch.  My schedule was just changed this week so i do have sundays off.   Great I can't wait .... must program the TV.

thanks again. 

ske1eter

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »
Was the block of gelatin getting shot a "stock" video? The bullet was spinning to the left but the Glock has a right hand twist. So it was either "stock" or the image was reversed.

Just curious as it was something I noticed while watching the show.

Ping

• Top Forum Member
  • Glock Certified Armorer & NRA Certified Instructor
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2011, 08:18:44 PM »
Was a great show and very well put together. The 30 minute episode went by way too fast. I am sure our 1911 buddies felt the same way.

Excellent job guys. Keep it up. Looking forward to the FN FAL episode.

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2011, 10:39:29 PM »
Again my schedule changed.  I missed it.  >:(  Seriously wanted to see this one.  i wish outdoor channel would post old shows in full on their web sight.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk