Author Topic: S&W M29 show  (Read 3664 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
S&W M29 show
« on: July 18, 2014, 09:30:51 AM »
(Running behind viewing)

I'm sure a lot of stuff got left on the editing floor, but could have used at least a nod to the stainless versions.

Practically everyone interviewed talked about the recoil.  Yet, as I watched, all the shooters (including Joe) didn't seem to be having any problems.  The videos didn't show any really violent stuff.  Nobody seemed in danger of putting out their eye.  It appeared either they were reduced loads, or all the shooters are really great shooters with great stances and holds, or maybe, just maybe the 29 isn't all that bad to shoot.

Anyway, I broke out my two 629s and headed to the range.    Now the 629s are heavier than the 29s because of the underlug and mine also have non-fluted cylinders.  I felt that my recoil was a bit more than those in the TV show.  Not near as bad as everyone made out, but not as mild as I thought I'd seen on the show.   I did, a few years back, complete the NRA Distinguished Marksman course with the 6" 629.  Maybe having fired so many rounds through my guns, I've learned to compensate for the kick.   If I run across a "steal" on a 4" version maybe I'll shoot it in IDPA, just for kicks and grins.

A great show.  With great info.

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk