Author Topic: Browning A5  (Read 5296 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Browning A5
« on: August 07, 2014, 04:53:43 AM »
Okay, not a big shotgun enthusiast.  Thought I'd just FF through this one so I could say I watched it.  BUT,

Saw the first close up slo-mo of the action and said, STOP THE PRESSES.  (As I said, I don't know a whole lot about shotguns.)   Wow, the whole barrel recoils.  Neat.  Of course as, Larry Potterfield points out there is a some dangers in that type of action, not to mention it was recoil heavy. 

Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
Re: Browning A5
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 04:14:23 PM »
Didn't see it the first time around, but watched it last night.  I wish they had shown how the friction ring system works and is adjusted.  I shoot trap with a couple guys who use old A5's, and they mess with the rings from time to time.

I don't know how I have missed it, but the whole Widowmaker was interesting.  And Larry Potterfield's demo of slamming the gun down to load it was TV the way it was meant to be  ;D
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Timothy

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 05:31:21 PM »
The A5 is an iconic design.  There was a copy at our local Cabelas that's was valued at well over 25k!  I've shot the Sweet Sixteen of the same design.  An FN gun from the late forties. 

Tried to buy it but it went to her nephew instead.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 11:19:33 PM »
Didn't see it the first time around, but watched it last night.  I wish they had shown how the friction ring system works and is adjusted.  I shoot trap with a couple guys who use old A5's, and they mess with the rings from time to time.

I don't know how I have missed it, but the whole Widowmaker was interesting.  And Larry Potterfield's demo of slamming the gun down to load it was TV the way it was meant to be  ;D

Same here....caught it last night.

The slight pause and look on his face saying, "Are you folks getting THIS?" was priceless!!
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ExurbanKevin

• Working on Gun Culture 2.1RC3
  • Very Active Forum Member
  • There are CZ's, and there's everything else
    • Ammoman.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 09:22:15 AM »
Personally, I kinda liked the slo-mo of the fly taking off from the receiver during the final video of the action working. :D
I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 02:02:17 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk