Author Topic: down range free of cable / satilite  (Read 4439 times)

uncle jed

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
down range free of cable / satilite
« on: September 19, 2015, 09:11:54 PM »
I know I have asked this before - and so have others, but when will the shows on the ODC be available on other formats?

I (as well as others) have severed cable and satellite services. I refuse to  be subjugated to contracts and other useless contracts. And, it looks like it is a growing trend:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/09/19/tv-watchers-giving-cable-companies-their-walking-papers-at-intensifying-pace-.html

I want to watch the shows on the ODC: in particular, I really want to view Gun Stories, The Best Defense, and Shoot Gallery again, but it will not happen because we do not have a  "cable provider" - and we will not.

I have noticed that you do not answer these posts, and there have been many who have asked questions similar to this.

So, when will we be able to watch Out Door Channel shows without a cable provider??

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 455
Re: down range free of cable / satilite
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 07:20:59 PM »
It's been a frustration of everyone.  ODC seems to be stuck in 1995 mode.  The only reason "cable" exists is to bring internet connectivity.  It won't be too long before they abandon the broadcast model, then ODC will be left hanging.

Unless they have a Pay-per-view model set up ready to implement but only after they milk cable for all possible revenue.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

brushmore

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Certified Rifle Instructor
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: down range free of cable / satilite
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2015, 11:43:12 AM »
My guess is that the ODC is stuck because of their contracts with the cable companies which is why they haven't said anything or made their stuff available outside of cable.

My provider just dropped The Sportsman's Chanel.  They said I can just watch things like The National Geographic channel instead but no mention of ODC.   :o    I am hoping ODC isn't next.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk