Author Topic: AR-15 Magazine Question…  (Read 2812 times)

patrick_ford

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
AR-15 Magazine Question…
« on: March 27, 2009, 03:15:48 PM »
I have some Magpul pMags that I really like a lot for my DPMS AR-15. They are the black 30 rounders with the little window in the side. They have never failed me and I was thinking about getting  a few more, but of course they are very hard to find nowadays. I have noticed that Brownell’s has their own AR magazines that are very well made, have a good reputation and most importantly are actually available, (at least last time I checked ).

My question to you all is: Does it matter if you have mixed brands of magazines as long as they work, or do you try to have everything the same for simplicities sake? I’m not necessarily talking about their capacity, but more about their brand or particular composition; a.k.a. polymer versus aluminum…

Thanks,

Patrick
"Till now man has been up against Nature, from now on he will be up against his own nature."

Lmccrock

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: AR-15 Magazine Question…
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 03:50:00 PM »
There are some practicalities with accessories, like mag couplers which might not work with both GI and PMags. Otherwise, as long as they work......

Lee

ratcatcher55

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 04:02:06 PM »
Patrick,

I have a mix of 85 Pmags, Brownells metal and green follower Brit magazines.

The only real difference I notice is the steel magazines fit in to my webgear easier.
The Pmags fit, but you need to force them in and out.

I have 20 more Pmags on backorder. Who knows when they will show up.

Good luck on finding them.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 04:10:35 PM »
I've got a stew mix myself - pawn shop ex-LEO, brand new CMag, Midway specials, Pmags (2 w/window, rest without) and the ones that came with Sig - and as long as there is an AR somewhere in the rifle's name, it gets whatever is at hand. No problems to date.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk