Author Topic: Non Gun Stuff...  (Read 374012 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Non Gun Stuff...
« Reply #1970 on: April 07, 2012, 09:08:01 PM »
Up here reflectors like that just give the snow plow an aiming point.  ;D

jaybet

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life Member, DRTV Ranger, Guitar Player
    • Bluebone- Burnin' and Smokin'
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1971 on: April 08, 2012, 07:43:36 AM »
I suspect that's why there's a big old lap joint on the post.  :)
I got the blues as my companion.

www.bluebone.net

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #1972 on: April 08, 2012, 05:04:50 PM »
I suspect that's why there's a big old lap joint on the post.  :)

That wouldn't help me much.  ;D

The first mailbox post we put up was a 4x4 treated post just like yours....but down here, the hoodlums don't settle for beer bottles (which mostly dent the box), no, they use pieces of cement blocks, bricks, and watermelons.
Our first box was white like yours and got hit with a chunk of block the first week.....it broke the post off at the ground.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1973 on: April 09, 2012, 01:36:16 AM »
The reflectors make it a target in my neighborhood too!  My neighbor backed into mine with his panel truck and then complained to me about the damage my mailbox did to the truck!!!!!  Go figure.

Richard
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1974 on: April 09, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »
Nice Jay!!! Glad I could hook you up!   :D
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Sponsor

« Reply #1975 on: Today at 06:35:07 AM »

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1975 on: April 26, 2012, 01:56:08 PM »
Just a thank you to Jaybet! Got some great new tunes.  ;D
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Timothy

« Reply #1976 on: April 26, 2012, 02:24:49 PM »
Just a thank you to Jaybet! Got some great new tunes.  ;D

He's generous ain't he?

I have some gifts from the Bluesman of Cape May myself... 8) 8)

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1977 on: November 29, 2012, 10:51:51 AM »
The following was a topic several times in this thread....... check out some of the advances in the technology since then:

http://hills-shire-times.whereilive.com.au/news/story/jaime-bertoux-steps-into-the-future/

Thanks to groundbreaking surgery by Dr Munjed Al Muderis at the hospital, the double amputee has had endo-prosthesis implants to enable his bionic-like legs to be attached directly, doing away with the painful prosthetic socket.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-11-thought-controlled-prosthesis-amputees.html

Thought-controlled prosthesis is changing the lives of amputees

The world's first implantable robotic arm controlled by thoughts is being developed by Chalmers researcher Max Ortiz Catalan. The first operations on patients will take place this winter.

"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

PegLeg45

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #1978 on: July 28, 2014, 06:17:08 PM »
Talk about "thread resurrection"...eh??  ;D

We have talked several times on here about printed guns and using the printing technology for prosthetics..... well, it is here.

Some tech geeks built this kid an arm that would normally run $40k plus for less than $400....and this is just the beginning....I have read several articles where 3D printing is being used for prosthetic design.

This story made me feel like I was chopping up onions.......  ;)

See This 6-Year-Old Boy Hug His Mom for the First Time, Thanks to His New 3-D-Printed Robot Arm

http://www.people.com/article/boy-gets-new-robot-arm

Another article:

http://3dprint.com/2438/50-prosthetic-3d-printed-hand/

Simon went into the meeting skeptical of how the 3D printed hand would stack up to a device which costs 840 times that of the Cyborg Beast, but carried on anyhow. After all, Delgado had a job which required quite a bit of lifting and other activity. The hand he used would have to hold up to the daily pounding it would face. A $42,000 prosthetic may be able to do that, but would a $50 3D printed hand made from ABS plastic have even the slightest chance?

After some time had passed, Simon decided to meet up with Delgado once more, this time to work on the setup of the tendons within the Beast. To his amazement, Delgado had told him that the 3D printed hand has been functioning better than the myoelectric device, and he had preferred it to the $42,000 hand he had used for over a year. Sure, a piece may break every once in a while, as ABS plastic is not the strongest material in the world, but the solution is simple, print a replacement.

Simon is currently working with Delgado to print him a new hand; this time from a stronger material called Bridge nylon, which will give Delgado an even more robust hand. Join in on the discussion about Delgado’s experiences at 3DPB.com.  If you are looking to have a prosthetic 3D printed for yourself or a friend, feel free to post a request in the ‘Need a Prosthetic 3D Printed’ discussion thread.  Also, check out the video posted by Simon, in which Delgado compares his $50 Cyborg Beast with his $42,000 myoelectric hand.

This dad did it at home:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/04/dad-prints-prosthetic-hand-leon-mccarthy_n_4214217.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk