Author Topic: They got it all backwards  (Read 2973 times)

alfsauve

• Semper Vigilantes
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 454
They got it all backwards
« on: October 05, 2016, 04:50:27 AM »
Set constitutional carry aside for a minute.

Backward thinking.  People are all worried over CCW.   LEOs want to know, and in some states you must tell them, who's carrying. They got it all backward.  CCWs have been vetted.  CCWs have had real background checks.  (NICS isn't a background check, btw, just a list of prohibited persons.)

SO

When a LEO runs a license or plate and it comes back CCW, the LEO should just get on their bull horn:  "Sorry for the inconvenience.  You were speeding a might.  I'll mail you the ticket later.  Please don't let me detain you any more. Have a nice day."  End of encounter.

BUT

When the LEO determines a person DOESN'T have a CCW the LEO should be suspicious.  After all they wouldn't submit, or couldn't pass, or didn't pass a true background check.  This time, with guns drawn and numerous backup, "Out of the car.  One at a time.  Hands over your head.  Up against the car.  Frisk'm boys."

I'm think states, instead of a maintaining a list of CCWs, should have a list on non-CCWs.  After all they're they ones most likely to be criminals.
Will work for ammo
USAF MAC 437th MAW 1968-1972

tombogan03884

Re: They got it all backwards
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 06:01:09 AM »
It works for me.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2016, 04:11:18 PM »
only in some states its where you live that determins if you get one not what you have done.

hell when I lived in sacramento county the sherrif gave out a total of 7 in the county...  all of which where friends, family or business partners... 3 were prohibited from even owning firearms.   2 DV and 1 felon.

when I moved from placer county back to sac my ccw got denied...placer county gave it too me in 2 hours.  oh, ex military, small business owner carrying cash and you already took the test...  " we can mail it too you in a couple weeks or you can come back after 3 and pick it up"

where I am now... it took me longer to fill out the paper work then it did to get it.  17 mins.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

vincewarde

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »
only in some states its where you live that determins if you get one not what you have done.

hell when I lived in sacramento county the sherrif gave out a total of 7 in the county...  all of which where friends, family or business partners... 3 were prohibited from even owning firearms.   2 DV and 1 felon.

when I moved from placer county back to sac my ccw got denied...placer county gave it too me in 2 hours.  oh, ex military, small business owner carrying cash and you already took the test...  " we can mail it too you in a couple weeks or you can come back after 3 and pick it up"

where I am now... it took me longer to fill out the paper work then it did to get it.  17 mins.

I assume that you know this, but for the benefit of those who do not, Sacramento County is now "virtual shall issue" - meaning that they accept simple self defense as "good cause" to issue a permit.  Many other CA counties have the same standard.

Even though the legality of requiring good cause is still being decided by the courts, the Dems in the legislature have tried to stop this by requiring that applicants be in greater than average risk before a permit can be issued.  Thank God, Governor Brown actually vetoed that one.  However, I expect that, absent a final ruling in favor of gun rights, the next governor will sign such a bill when it hits his or her desk - unless gun owners apply a lot of pressure.  Yet another reason for all gun owners to stand with gun owners on the front lines in CA.

TAB

• DRTV Rangers
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 92
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2016, 05:19:59 PM »
only its not, they only have given out 200 so far.  there is 1.6 million in the count.

<<< still has lots of friends that are sac county sherrifs,  all the rest went to doj employees  which does not count.
I always break all the clay pigeons,  some times its even with lead.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:08:19 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk