Author Topic: Anyone Had Cyst Surgery ?  (Read 15769 times)

Timothy

Re: Anyone Had Cyst Surgery ?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2011, 04:37:05 PM »
Dilaudid is great for pain but I doubt you'll get any.  Yummy!

I'm having flashbacks.

;D ;D

kmitch200

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2011, 04:54:01 PM »
Drying it up is all you are worried about?  A gauze pad soaked in Viscerol 30 placed on the wound for two hours and then twelve hours in open air will be dried up for good.  If you want I can PM you a funeral home that will soak the gauze for you at no cost, or for $3.50 + UPS I'll send you a pint  ;)

Does it smell as nice as Hoppe's #9?   ;D
Good luck Bill, those things seem to take forever to heal but you'll be up and at 'em soon.
You can say lots of bad things about pedophiles; but at least they drive slowly past schools.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 05:00:03 PM »
Does it smell as nice as Hoppe's #9?   ;D
Good luck Bill, those things seem to take forever to heal but you'll be up and at 'em soon.

I don't remember.  After twenty years of working with the stuff the olfactory units are pretty well shot.  It is a carcinogen though, but in all my years of testing I always passed the exposure tests.

The 30% formaldehyde and high alcohol content make it popular with potheads  8)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2011, 06:55:57 PM »

There it is, in all it's glory. 3.1" X 2" X about 1/2" deep.  Bill T.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 885
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2011, 07:02:24 PM »
In the world I work in that is called a "full depth tissue donation."  We developed my prescription for that exact procedure only it is usually much larger.

I have often wondered as I worked on those what the pain would be like  ::)
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #35 on: Today at 01:11:30 PM »

1911 Junkie

• Top Forum Member
  • aka Mr 4000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2011, 07:14:45 PM »
Hey, that bear in the picture has a hole in it just like the one you were talking about. Talk about coincidence.  ;D

It looks good (probably doesn't feel like it). Just do the dressings, keep it clean, give it time, and all should be well.
"I'd love to spit some Beechnut in that dudes eye and shoot him with my old .45"  Hank Jr.

cookie62

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2011, 07:40:27 PM »
I hope they shaved you first ;D, if not I bet it hurt when the tape pulled all your man sweater off ;D
A bird in the hand is worth..Well, about a box of shells!
Yes, I'm bitter and cling to guns and religion..

Timothy

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2011, 07:52:15 PM »
I hope they shaved you first ;D, if not I bet it hurt when the tape pulled all your man sweater off ;D

Yea, looks like you got a moth problem Bill!

;D

kidding....heal up.  I have one a bit smaller on my back from a cancer excision some years back.  It will get smaller over time.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1046
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2011, 07:52:49 PM »
Dilaudid is great for pain but I doubt you'll get any.  Yummy!

I'm having flashbacks.

;D ;D

I found out the hard way that I'm allergic to that stuff. They tried to switch me off morphine after so many weeks and gave me shot of it and liked to have killed me. BP dropped off the scale and on top of that I was hallucinating and tried to fight the nurses who were trying to stabilize me...I thought they were trying to smother me.

Bill, that don't look too bad.....hell, as long as you can't see bone........
 ;)

And like others have mentioned, the water therapy does help stimulate new growth.
I had to go through that for 2nd degree electrical burns on my arm years ago. Only difference was they had to scrub my raw arm with what amounted to a Brillo pad with some kind of red soap in it. After they scrubbed it, I had to let warm water spray all over it before drying off and coating with Silvadine.........I was not happy.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2011, 07:54:47 PM »
I have often wondered as I worked on those what the pain would be like.

Let's just say I've felt better!  Bill T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk