Author Topic: Glock vs. Berretta  (Read 9462 times)

midasnlv

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Glock vs. Berretta
« on: May 04, 2008, 03:45:22 AM »
I have a Berretta m9 for comp and was considering upgrading to a Glock 34. Any thoughts?

HAWKFISH

• Top Forum Member
  • One thing I've learned. **"It's hit or be hit."**
  • Liked:
Re: Glock vs. Berretta
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2008, 05:01:21 AM »
Thoughts? .. I'd take any Glock over any Beretta anyday. I've out shot many Beretta's with my Glocks. Beretta's are okay. But when you get to in the 2,000-5,000 rounds that's when they seem to falter or at least the guys that owe Beretta's that I know do..where as most Glocks will continue on. I own a G34 and like it ..except for the ex-tended mag release. I prefer the normal size.. many like the larger extended one, especially comp shooters. But, they are easy to change. One note.. if you are going to shoot reloads in your G34.. you can if .. you a) simply swap the standard barrel out with a after-market, fully supported chamber..i.e. Barstol, Jarvis, Lone Wolf, Storm Lake etc... or b) use reloads that are very close to factory loads in the regular Glock barrel..i.e. no super-duper fast/over pressure loads and keeping the barrel clean. It can be done you just have to be smart. Once you get a Glock broke in good.. at least 500 rds. or more ... the trigger action gets better..especially on the already amazing trigger pull on the G34.. Glock's best from the factory. Glock 9mm's are hard to beat for durability, dependability, and accuracy. Sioce you already have a Beretta.. I'm sure you know they are decent guns. And since you are asking about a G34 I'm sure that part of you for some reason is thinking about the Glock. Why? I would focous on that and want makes you happy. I'm sure others will follow up this post and say..." blah blah Hawkfish and Glocks..  blah blah.. Beretta has served our military.. blah blah." Well, like I said.. I'd take a Glock anyday.  :)

ericire12

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2008, 09:26:46 AM »
Thoughts? .. I'd take any Glock over any Beretta anyday. I've out shot many Beretta's with my Glocks. Beretta's are okay. But when you get to in the 2,000-5,000 rounds that's when they seem to falter or at least the guys that owe Beretta's that I know do..where as most Glocks will continue on. I own a G34 and like it ..except for the ex-tended mag release. I prefer the normal size.. many like the larger extended one, especially comp shooters. But, they are easy to change. One note.. if you are going to shoot reloads in your G34.. you can if .. you a) simply swap the standard barrel out with a after-market, fully supported chamber..i.e. Barstol, Jarvis, Lone Wolf, Storm Lake etc... or b) use reloads that are very close to factory loads in the regular Glock barrel..i.e. no super-duper fast/over pressure loads and keeping the barrel clean. It can be done you just have to be smart. Once you get a Glock broke in good.. at least 500 rds. or more ... the trigger action gets better..especially on the already amazing trigger pull on the G34.. Glock's best from the factory. Glock 9mm's are hard to beat for durability, dependability, and accuracy. Sioce you already have a Beretta.. I'm sure you know they are decent guns. And since you are asking about a G34 I'm sure that part of you for some reason is thinking about the Glock. Why? I would focous on that and want makes you happy. I'm sure others will follow up this post and say..." blah blah Hawkfish and Glocks..  blah blah.. Beretta has served our military.. blah blah." Well, like I said.. I'd take a Glock anyday.  :)

Bullseye!
Everything I needed to learn in life I learned from Country Music.

Neon Knight Anubis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2008, 09:34:57 AM »
The M 34 might serve you better in the competitive side of things (entirely subjective) but the Beretta is a damn fine pistol and would not have any hesitations on using one as a defensive firearm. BTW are you using the D spring in your M9? That might help out in competition.
We'll know for the first time
If we're evil or divine
We're the last in line

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2008, 11:41:19 AM »
Never was a big Beretta fan...I have a Glock 34, and it is the best of the breed...of course, not crazy about Glocks either, but they run and run and run and run...

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:09:18 AM »

tombogan03884

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2008, 12:10:37 PM »
Is anyone else reminded of Monty Python?  "Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam.  Glock, Glock, Glock, Glock..."  So are you saying that, other than the mag. release, barrel and trigger, Glocks are perfect?

Sorry.  I know I'm new here, but I couldn't resist.  Please forgive me.

Yes we are reminded of MP, Don't worry though we ALL pick on Hawkfish a little about drining the Glock cool aide ;D It's all in good fun though and they DO seem to be a heck of a pistol.

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2008, 03:17:37 PM »
I shoot both and wouldn't hesitate to use either one.  I own a G23 and my wife has a G17, mainly since at the time Ibought mine it was all I could afford and she really liked mine so she wanted one similar.  I used the M9 while Security and actually shot it better than the Glocks most of the time.  The extra weight made a huge difference.  I've  also been to Beretta's factory for the Armorer's Course and learned a great deal about how to keep them running well and tweaking them.  Now I soot IDPA and USPSA with the 17 but have shoot a match with a borrowed 92 Elite 1A and did really well.  For competition I would have to go with the Elite or G-SD Beretta since I like the G's decocker over the F's safety (mainly since I CONSTANTLY forget to take the safety off) and the Vertec grip is more comfortable than the Glock's.  If your already familiar with the Beretta's trigger it may be a good idea to stick with it.  The Glock is a great gun too and has much more aftermarket parts to really get it exactly how you want it.   Both great guns and both will be good for IDPA or USPSA.
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »
I have a Berretta m9 for comp and was considering upgrading to a Glock 34. Any thoughts?

Yeah, get a Sig.

8)
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

addict

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 07:55:25 PM »
I bought the Beretta 92FS back in the early nineties and have since acquired a Glock 17L, 21, 26 and 34 in that order. I use the 34 for USPSA with Wolff competitions springs and a trigger job. I occasionally bring out the 92 for fun, but the stock is to square for my hand. I enjoy shooting the CZ75 SA, and SP01, the Steyr MA1, and my Sig 225 more than the Beretta. It isn't bad, and if it feels good in your hand it may be better. Just not best for me. One more opinion posted on the internet. Take it for what its worth! :o :D
Addict

TexasAggie01

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2008, 09:47:39 AM »
While I almost always agree with Hawkfish and say "get a Glock," I have to caveat that with "if it fits your hand well and you can shoot it accurately." That said, I have owned more Glocks than anything for three reasons: reliability, hand fit (if that's a real term...), and accuracy. If I were to go with a 9mm for carry, we would have a 34 or two at the house for comp and nightstand guns*, and I'd carry a 26 or a 19.

*As a side note, the sheer amount of effort that would require to convince my wife to switch  makes it a long-term "if", or better yet, "if ever". Perhaps the rising cost of .45 ammo will change her mind.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk