Author Topic: Unconventional Carry Opinions  (Read 11528 times)

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Unconventional Carry Opinions
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 02:39:17 PM »
Keeping it in house. Check out this thread. http://www.downrange.tv/forum/index.php?topic=23190.msg285775.msg#285775

We really like the holster.

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2017, 02:55:50 PM »
mkm,  again, probably a quality  product  but  not  exactly  what  I'm  looking  for. 

Thanks 
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2017, 03:09:50 PM »
If I still rode, a chest rig like that is what I'd consider as well. It's easy for a belt carried gun to become exposed by the wind, and in some states that is a no-no (not a problem in GA).
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2017, 06:57:57 PM »
Peg,  do  you  remember  who  makes  the  rig  M B talks  about ?  I  was  hoping  to  get  his  input  too.
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

mkm

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2017, 08:00:31 PM »
You're welcome. Just for reference, if you compare the one I posted to the previous picture, the bottom of the grip would likely be just above the clip on the belly strap of the backpack. I hope you find what you're looking for.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 02:52:12 PM »

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 576
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2017, 09:06:28 PM »
Shoulder Holster?  Hope you find exactly what you need but.....

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/957528649/galco-miami-classic-2-shoulder-holster-system-right-hand-1911-government-commander-officer-defender-springfield-emp-leather

If need be your wife could access it as well....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

silverback

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 04:48:21 AM »
Do a search for chest holster rigs.   Kenia,simply rugged, guide  gear about cover all price points materials and variations.  Personally if I was hiking the lighter weight the better. I think the world of simply rugged but the kenia looks very intetesting.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, favorite beverage in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WAA HOO - What a Ride!"

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 08:04:11 AM »
Thanks  silverback.  I'm  not  hiking  I'm  ryding  our  motorcycle  so  ease  of  access  is  the  key.

Richard 

les snyder

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2017, 09:36:00 PM »
Blackhawk SERPA retention holster on one of their VERSA harness chest rigs

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 877
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2017, 10:57:49 PM »
I have been pondering this one and going round and round.  No advice from me to muddy the waters, but a question:. What are the concealment issues, benefits, and concerns with each of your options?
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk