Author Topic: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability  (Read 129452 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: Smoke'em if ya got'em...ammo availability
« Reply #580 on: March 14, 2024, 12:15:29 PM »
UPS dropped my ten boxes off on the back porch around 10:30 this morning.
Ordered the 11th and delivered on the 14th..... not bad....I've experienced way worse.

As a side note, I like how PSA wraps the ammo in plastic wrap. Never had any other shipper do that before.

I like that as well. My 10 boxes came yesterday, a bit after lunch. As a side note, today only they've got CCI Stingers for just $80.00 @ brick of 500. (.16 cents a round).

https://palmettostatearmory.com/stinger-22-lr-32gr-copper-plat.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=daily_deals&utm_campaign=am&utm_term=03-14-2024&utm_content=1362

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #581 on: March 14, 2024, 03:32:26 PM »
Well, I've got to get some of those. And Winchester White Box .223 Rem Ammo 55 Gr FMJ, 20rds for $11.99, instead of $19.99. 60 cents a pop is better than a dollar any day, and I don't recall ever having bad ammo of any kind from Winchester. Fiocchi .380 ACP 95gr FMJ Ammunition 50rds is $20.99, down from $29.39, so I'll probably grab 100 rounds.

The Deal of the Day is a PSA AR-15 Bolt Carrier Group 5.56 Full-Auto Nitride MPI not for $129.99, but $69.99. I'm getting one because my can cannon doesn't have one and I don't want to keep swapping BCGs. I should get a headspace gauge too, so I get the bolts in my other 3 uppers sorted once and for all.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #582 on: March 14, 2024, 04:52:39 PM »
PSA has PMC X-Tac 5.56 Ammo 62 Gr LAP 20rds for $9.99, so I took the WWB out of my cart and added 25 boxes of this, a Gas Block Genie, 4 knives, a 4 pack variety of Caliber Coffee, etc. All of my ARs have 1/7" or 1/9" twist rifling, so 62 grain bullets should work better. I think 2 are 1/7 and the other 1 is 1/9, and I don't have anything with a slower twist other than my Contender. I'm pretty sure it's only a 1/12" twist. PMC X-TAC 5.56 rounds contain the M855 penetrator bullet and are loaded with the SS109 steel core penetrator projectile under the full metal jacket. I think LAP stands for Light Armor Penetrator. Does anyone know for sure?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/pmc-x-tac-5-56-m855-62gr-fmj-with-steel-core-20rd.html

My penetrator is hard but doesn't go through armor.  :o  ;D
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #583 on: March 14, 2024, 05:05:53 PM »
Fiocchi 22LR Sub-Sonic 40gr Ammo 50rds, $3.99. That's $4 off. I don't need sub-sonic ammo for anything, but I will be buying some Stingers while they're on sale.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/fiocchi-22lr-sub-sonic-40gr-ammo-50rds-22fhpsub.html

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk