Author Topic: Sig 232 gone?  (Read 2428 times)

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Sig 232 gone?
« on: September 09, 2015, 04:51:01 PM »
I finally followed up on a notion that my wife would appreciate a Sig 232, as her dad has a Mauser of that general configuration. Just got on Gunbroker and Bugs and they're gone!!
What happened??
(And might there be one available around here??) ::)
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1116
Re: Sig 232 gone?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 12:05:24 PM »
I looked on SIG's website and it looks like they don't make them anymore. They might all be sold already.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

santahog

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 05:51:06 AM »
Well, it makes sense.. They've introduced several new models and a heavy .380 isn't what the market seems to be looking for these days.
I've bought (and promptly sold) two of these over the years. I love the look and feel of them, but I never could "settle" on a low power, low round count, "heavy for what it is", carry gun.
Guess I should've kept that last one, just because, huh..
Oh well. Bersa makes something similar, and much lighter. Finding "the" gun is a long process, and she's just at the beginning.. Bad thing is, she's developing a bad flinch with what she settled on, and she's too hard (red) headed to let it go and keep looking..
With friends like these, who needs hallucinations!..

Bic

• Top Forum Member
  • It's just a pen name...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 07:17:05 PM »
I always found them, as well as the PPK, snappy for size - not a joy to shoot.
Best Wishes, Mike.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk