Author Topic: USPSA Carry Optics Episode  (Read 24292 times)

tombogan03884

Re: USPSA Carry Optics Episode
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2020, 09:01:47 AM »
Thanks Les, you've given me a lot of info to work on.

Dklee4141

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: USPSA Carry Optics Episode
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2020, 01:26:51 AM »
You can purchase sight mounts that have the dovetails slid in first, and then thr mounting plate is screwed into the dovetail insert.  Many of these are universal with screw points for different companies or ones made specifically for a certain brand.  There is also a similar mount but instead of a plate to screw into the dovetails, you screw down a picatinny mount which allows use of some of the bigger style rmrs and reflex/dot sights.  The picatinny mount i had even had fiber optic sights on the back which you could somewhat cowitness with, but itd be better just to remove the sight so you could see more than like a 5 mm circle in the middle of the rail and sight.  If you have accessory rails on the bottom of your slide, you can purchase sight mounts that attach on the bottom, and the mount is a square you insert the barrel through and the sight is mounted on the top part of the mount.  With these you could fit full size scopes or a small telescope if you wanted.  I went from lowest mount to barrel to furthest away from barrel with the underrail floating mount.  As you go from options 1 to 3, your zeroed distances have to be done much more accurately unless this is for long range shooting.
I suggest holosun reflex sights for mid size optics, sig Sauer Romeo 1 or pro for rmr style then trijicons if you can find a good deal.  Fov is lot larger and not color coated heavily like some trijicons.  There is something called the flip dot which is pretty cool I think, and the trijicons which don't need batteries are handy as well

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk