Author Topic: Battle rifles (223 need not apply)  (Read 61757 times)

Badgersmilk

Re: Battle rifles (223 need not apply)
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2009, 08:16:39 AM »
"The term battle rifle is usually given to post-World War II selective-fire infantry service rifles such as the H&K G3, the FN FAL, the ArmaLite AR-10, or the American M14."  :Wikopedia

That REALLY limits the choices huh?  Given the right stock's, triggers, and sights...  I dont think you'd see alot of differance between their performance.

Hazcat.  Almost pee'd myself when I saw that picture!  BEST RIFLE EVER!   I think I've seen a few of those at the local ranges too!  If people see that thing in a movie its all over!  It'll be the only rifle any self respecting man could ever own!!!

My goodness how little it takes for some people to loose control of their pride here!!!  I have to throw two words out here just to see what happens...  Mosin Nagant

Badgersmilk

« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2009, 08:24:39 AM »
Oh yeah!  The barrels kinda long, but wouldnt a SVD / Draganov fit in here?  Yeah, yeah, yeah, everybody calls it a sniper rifle, BUT!  Now we're talking about all kinds of variants and mods. with all the others guns listed too.  Put on a 20" barrel, 20 round clip, and BAM!!!

Still...  "Mosin Nagant"  Somebody jump all over that!

PoorSoulInJersey

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2009, 08:28:58 AM »
after picking one up last night, I am now a major fan of the M1A. What an awesome piece of hardware!
-Tom

Badgersmilk

« Reply #103 on: March 06, 2009, 08:43:34 AM »

He's waiting for you!!!  Probably not going to see that 300 yard shot you were praying for though!

Badgersmilk

« Reply #104 on: March 06, 2009, 09:17:25 AM »
On the topic of variants:  Pick your favorite flavor!  If you've got the cash these guys (DSA) make'em as nice as they come!  I'd go for fourth from the bottom.

Sponsor

« Reply #105 on: Today at 05:35:38 PM »

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: March 06, 2009, 09:21:57 AM »
I like the "Marsh" one myself.  Got a link?
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Badgersmilk

« Reply #106 on: March 06, 2009, 09:39:48 AM »
http://www.dsarms.com/

For color I'd say just green furnature and black steel, I like the features on the fourth from the bottom though.  Nice build.  Should be a pretty reliable, practical shooter...  Out of my price range.

Hazcat

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: March 06, 2009, 09:45:08 AM »
http://www.dsarms.com/

For color I'd say just green furnature and black steel, I like the features on the fourth from the bottom though.  Nice build.  Should be a pretty reliable, practical shooter...  Out of my price range.

ME TOO! $1,700.00 and up!
All tipoes and misspelings are copi-righted.  Pleeze do not reuse without ritten persimmons  :D

Badgersmilk

« Reply #108 on: March 06, 2009, 10:03:24 AM »
That'll put a lot of AK's on the table!

While I dropped over a grand on my AR, I got a MAK 90 years ago for $169, 30 rnd mag's for $4.50 ea..  With two grand on the table I might still buy the AK, a BUNCH of ammo, and more training...  Rifles are only as good as they guy carrying it.  Mighty, mighty few are as good as they think they are.

shooter32

• shooter32
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #109 on: March 06, 2009, 10:06:45 AM »
That'll put a lot of AK's on the table!

While I dropped over a grand on my AR, I got a MAK 90 years ago for $169, 30 rnd clips for $4.50 ea..  With two grand on the table I might still buy the AK, a BUNCH of ammo, and more training...  Rifles are only as good as they guy carrying it.  Mighty, mighty few are as good as they think they are.

30 rnd "mags" you mean ;D

A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have. ~ Gerald Ford - August 12, 1974

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk