Author Topic: Young Woman Threatened with Explusion For Refusal To Wear RFID  (Read 10384 times)

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Young Woman Threatened with Explusion For Refusal To Wear RFID
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2012, 08:35:55 PM »
I'm saying that using a RFID tracking system within the constraints, and ONLY within the constraints, of a high school campus does not distinguish itself as a violation of privacy.  I also question the veracity of this student's 'struggle for freedom'.  I suspect that she still uses her mobile phone, her Daddy's credit card, the Internet, and email.  If she truly wants to take a stand against violations of her privacy then she should walk away from all of those things and then the totality of her actions might sway the opinion of skeptics such as myself.  Until she does that, I will view this as the equivocal grandstanding of a precocious albeit rebellious kid whose puppeteers' agenda far exceeds her own dedication to the cause of privacy.

If I were her age I'd do the same damn thing as a librtarian, and throw in the "End Times" stuff, just so the fundies would be on my side and bust a gut laughing.  It would be like the Battle of Stalingrad, you don't really care who wins, you just want a lot of casualties.  ;D Got to say though, I wouldn't carry one, and would introduce mine to a nice high powered magnet.

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #41 on: November 27, 2012, 06:38:18 AM »
This will come to pass. No one will fight it hard enough not to. Just like Obama Care. 65+% of the people don't want it, but they reelect the asshole who gave it to them. People pay good money every month for this sort of thing. If they didn't On Star would have gone broke. The only reason it will now is because "smart phones" do this for most everyone who carries one. They are so accurate one of the machine operators where I work can find the foreman anywhere in the shop with his. It's accurate to + - 10 feet. He literally knows when he's taking a dump.

He brought up the screen on his when we were clocking out. It followed us out of the building, out into the parking lot, and right up to where his car was parked.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: November 27, 2012, 03:43:37 PM »
This will come to pass. No one will fight it hard enough not to. Just like Obama Care. 65+% of the people don't want it, but they reelect the asshole who gave it to them. People pay good money every month for this sort of thing. If they didn't On Star would have gone broke. The only reason it will now is because "smart phones" do this for most everyone who carries one. They are so accurate one of the machine operators where I work can find the foreman anywhere in the shop with his. It's accurate to + - 10 feet. He literally knows when he's taking a dump.

He brought up the screen on his when we were clocking out. It followed us out of the building, out into the parking lot, and right up to where his car was parked.
The fact that people just accept this makes me crazy. I think that NCIS LA is the scariest show on TV based on how they can track people with cell phones and traffic cameras and the like. I know its Hollywood, but its not too far off the mark. And people think this a good thing. I've taught poli sci sinceI was 22. Lesson the first, the government is NOT your friend. When will people get this?

PS To save Tom the time posting, I know, its the day after its too late for the dumb bastards to do anything about it. >:(

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1048
« Reply #43 on: November 27, 2012, 04:09:08 PM »
The fact that people just accept this makes me crazy. I think that NCIS LA is the scariest show on TV based on how they can track people with cell phones and traffic cameras and the like. I know its Hollywood, but its not too far off the mark. And people think this a good thing. I've taught poli sci sinceI was 22. Lesson the first, the government is NOT your friend. When will people get this?

PS To save Tom the time posting, I know, its the day after its too late for the dumb bastards to do anything about it. >:(

Yep.
The rats usually don't know they are caught until they have a broke neck. 
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

tombogan03884

« Reply #44 on: November 27, 2012, 06:36:57 PM »

Damn, nothing to do now but go play cribbage.   :-\

;D

Sponsor

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2012, 09:27:03 PM »
Damn, nothing to do now but go play cribbage.   :-\

;D

Can someone explain that game? I know it involves cards and a board with pegs, but beyond that......

tombogan03884

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2012, 09:29:22 PM »
I've been telling you all that he was over educated and under smart.
Do you believe me now ?    ;D

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2012, 11:00:55 PM »
I'm just not a geriatric Tom. For God's sake, who under fifty plays cribbage? I'm curious so I ask, as I respect the traditions of my elders. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

tombogan03884

« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2012, 01:44:32 AM »
I'm just not a geriatric Tom. For God's sake, who under fifty plays cribbage? I'm curious so I ask, as I respect the traditions of my elders. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Half the Army and Marines, and all the Navy.
The rest are playing Spades.

fightingquaker13

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2012, 01:49:59 AM »
Half the Army and Marines, and all the Navy.
The rest are playing Spades.
And here I thought they were all playing Super Mario on their I-pad. ;D I guess it skipped a generation. ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk