Author Topic: Audio change on todays Down Range Radio Video podcast for #556  (Read 2282 times)

allenst65

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Audio change on todays Down Range Radio Video podcast for #556
« on: February 07, 2018, 02:46:55 PM »
In case anyone else is banging their head wondering why there is no audio on their mobile device, it looks like there was some change/glitch in the audio handling of the AMP player.  This is on an Android 7.0, so not sure if it affects other versions or Apple devices.

I clicked the link in the email today for #556 Video Podcast: The Implications Of Non-Shotgun Shotguns and Brace Equipped AR pistols.  It launched as normal but there was no audio and no way to turn it up.  I then changed from the mobile based browser by clicking 'Request desktop site' and it re-launched, but this time there was the small slider to control the volume, but it is now defaulted to the off position.

Later I confirmed the same on a Windows/IE system, the link now launches the player with the audio slider defaulted to OFF.

SA

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Re: Audio change on todays Down Range Radio Video podcast for #556
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 03:02:19 PM »

No change in settings on our end. We did a check on both mobile and desktop just now and it plays fine.

Note that some browsers now has audio and/or autostart blocked as a default, so that might be the reason you're experiencing this.

Defocused

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 03:16:35 PM »
That makes sense. I tried to play it on both an iOS and an Android based device without luck, but hadn't thought to look at the settings in Chrome for both of those.

I'll dig into that later and see what I can find.

llrich

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2018, 10:41:38 AM »
Had same trouble starting with at least the last two video portions of padcasts on ipad.  No trouble in the past with the video podcasts.  Can hear sound only portuon of this weeks podcast just fine on ipad.  Same troible on iphone.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk