Author Topic: Episode #97 IDPA Nationals  (Read 10120 times)

Marshal Halloway

• Forum Administrator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 28
Episode #97 IDPA Nationals
« on: March 11, 2008, 02:27:43 PM »
IDPA Nationals
The International Defensive Pistol Association (IDPA) has become a huge hit by giving civilians and law enforcement alike a place to compete with the same guns they might carry on the street.
The IDPA Nationals represents one of the toughest challenges a shooter can face, a series of shooting scenarios just waiting to trip up the unwary! Let's see how host Michael Bane fares...

Air time: 03/12/08

More info...

ewayte

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Episode #97 IDPA Nationals
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 10:54:35 PM »
I have a question for Michael about the IDPA episode.  He interviewed shooter after shooter, none of whom were shooting revolvers.  Then he's back at the gun table proclaiming "the return of the revolver."  Why didn't he interview any revolver shooters?  Were they all camera shy?

tnroadrunner

• Very Active Forum Member
    • LubeDealer.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:22:28 AM »
Sure was a lot of CDP shooters.  Most that were interviewed were using 1911.  What about XD, Glock, Sig.  You would think everybody who shoots IDPA use high price guns.  What about the guys like me who shoot what I carry and XD Service in 9mm.  Enough venting for now.
Bob
It's always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 GUN
AMSOIL Dealer
www.lubedealer.com/rgraflube

DonWorsham

• MWAG
  • Top Forum Member
  • I feel more like I do now than I ever did
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 07:27:19 AM »
You would think everybody who shoots IDPA use high price guns. 

At the National level I believe that may be correct.
Don Worsham
Varied Movements Performed Intensely

jnevis

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 08:23:43 AM »
At the National level I believe that may be correct.

That is NOT the case. 
The equipment break down that IDPA puts out in the Tactical Journal  showed Glocks (primarily the 34) being used by amlost as many people as all other COMBINED.  There were 106 Glocks (54 G34s) the next highest manufacturer being S&W with 68 (14 each M625 and M&P9 high model#) 

CDP is almost all Kimber with 18 out of 53 1911 style 45s (15 45s of other styles-7 G21s- are on the list that could have shot CDP given the rules pretty much only say a 45 with only 8 rounds).

Now almost all of them had been "tinkered" with but most were done by "Self" (37). 

http://www.idpa.com/tj.asp?ID=173
When seconds mean the difference between life and death, the police will be minutes away.

You are either SOLVING the problem, or you ARE the problem.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 03:52:04 AM »

tnroadrunner

• Very Active Forum Member
    • LubeDealer.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 08:39:24 AM »
I was referring to the show.  If anyone was watching that wasn't involved with IDPA that's what they would think.
Bob
It's always a great day, if you don't believe me try missing one.
NRA, TFA, IDPA, 3 GUN
AMSOIL Dealer
www.lubedealer.com/rgraflube

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2008, 05:16:03 PM »
I was catching up on some old episodes and watched this the other day.  The one thing that is nagging me.  I wanted to start doing some IDPA this year.  In the show it was said that to start in IDPA one should be able to do the "Bill" drill (6 shot's, 2 seconds, A zone). Since I am not able to do that, I need to work on my skills a bit more to get there.  Is there anything that I should do to practice that?

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

ellis4538

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2008, 05:41:09 PM »
BS!!!!!  Go out and give IDPA a try.  If you don't know of a club use the IDPA club finder option on the home page.  Check out the rules if you haven't already.  You shoot the classifier and are classified in your class (SSP, ESP, CDP and etc) of choice and shoot against yourself and others in your classification and class of choice.  Don't let what you heard stop you.  It's a lot of fun as is USPSA.   
Used to be "The only thing to FEAR was FEAR ITSELF", nowadays "The only thing to FEAR is GETTING CAUGHT!"

Bidah

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2008, 10:59:43 PM »
I don't believe that Walt Roush(sp?) would put out bad information.  Either way it is a no go.  I checked the IDPA website, and this year there is only one club listed in Montana (a 3 hour drive), which is 2 fewer than last year.  I then checked their website, and no matches are scheduled.  So I presume that it is off the plate anyway.

-Bidah
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”  The Doctor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk