Author Topic: Shooting Gallery Has Jumped The Shark  (Read 37939 times)

jimmyk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shooting Gallery Has Jumped The Shark
« on: January 25, 2012, 11:18:04 PM »
Sorry, Michael, but it has. C'mon, your first show is on the Ruger Rimfire Challange? Snoozer..... I gave it a few more tries, but after tonight's IDPA show (where you sweat better than you shoot), I think I'm going to set my DVR to "do not record" for the rest of the season. And that live audience thing... well if that's a "live" they must be a bunch of wax figurines, because I never saw less emotion in my life. And the audience questions....ughh....

Now seriously, I'm not bashing the show just to be a jerk. I really enjoy Best Defense, especially with the new co-host. And I really, really enjoy your weekly podcast and your taste in music.

But the new shooting gallery....eh....and I wont even bash the new intro (wow...MB rides a bike...really cool...(sorry...just had to....))

My suggestion: get back to basics - we want to see GUNS, and lots of them....accessories....ammo....etc. Guns and Gear, I LOVE the show. I even enjoy watching the Davidson's Gun Genie show, lol.... One of my all time SG favorites was the MB vault episode.

You have SO MUCH talent. Its almost like you are struggling on this season's Shooting Gallery. Just do what comes naturally, like your music on the podcast.

Anyway, thanks for listening.

Pathfinder

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger -- NRA Life Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 83
Re: Shooting Gallery Has Jumped The Shark
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:21:38 AM »
jimmyk may be a newby, but he has a point.

MB, aren't you the one who has said repeatedly on the podcasts and blog posts that competition shows are the lowest rated gun/shooting shows on the tube? But you then start the new 1-hour season with 2 out of 3 on competition?

I had the same sentiment as jimmyk after the first show, and the second show was much better. But then IDPA?

I know the 1st 1-hour season is in the can, and I will watch, but consider something different from competition for shows next year.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do this to others and I require the same from them"

J.B. Books

JLawson

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 08:19:55 AM »
jimmyk, you may have a point, but I don't like the delivery.  We should all be able to express our opinions... just don't be a smartass when you do it.  I found the following comments to be rude and disrespectful:

~~~ (where you sweat better than you shoot) ~~~ they must be a bunch of wax figurines ~~~
(wow...MB rides a bike...really cool...(sorry...just had to....)) ~~~

Now for the show - I like it.  Everything can be improved and I'm sure MB has some ideas about how to change and improve the new SG format.  With each new season... with each new project... we have the opportunity to enjoy more of what we love to watch - shooting.  Wednesday is my favorite TV evening.  MB, thank you and keep up the good work.

tombogan03884

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 08:44:13 AM »
I should probably go back and link to the various threads asking for more coverage of competition but I will just say , "You can't please every one".

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 09:50:58 AM »
Haters are gonna hate.

Just be thankful you have the opportunity to watch.  Some of us don't have the opportunity to watch the show because we don't get the Outdoor Channel, stinking Comcast.

You can go back to watching American Idol now... ::)
He who dares wins.  SAS

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 01:06:48 PM »

BAC

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 10:03:09 AM »
Haters are gonna hate.

Just be thankful you have the opportunity to watch.  Some of us don't have the opportunity to watch the show because we don't get the Outdoor Channel, stinking Comcast.

You can go back to watching American Idol now... ::)

Switching to Comcast when we move.  No more Outdoor Channel soon.  Sad.  We will be getting Sportsman's Channel for the first time, though.

Magoo541

• Bryan Munson
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2012, 10:47:54 AM »
Comcast carries the Outdoor Channel but its on a premium package that will run me about another $300 a year or so (thats a lot of ammo).  I think I may be able to get it ala carte and have been meaning to look into but it keeps slipping my mind.
He who dares wins.  SAS

GASPASSERDELUXE

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 11:46:47 AM »
I don't know if comcast carries it but there is the Pursuit Channel.  It is a free channel on Dish and i think also in Direct. On Dish it is channel 240. 

BAC

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 11:59:24 AM »
Comcast carries the Outdoor Channel but its on a premium package that will run me about another $300 a year or so (thats a lot of ammo).  I think I may be able to get it ala carte and have been meaning to look into but it keeps slipping my mind.

It's not available at all where we're moving.  Not even a la carte.  Bummer.

jimmyk

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 02:16:52 PM »
jimmyk, you may have a point, but I don't like the delivery.  We should all be able to express our opinions... just don't be a smartass when you do it.  I found the following comments to be rude and disrespectful:

Now for the show - I like it.  Everything can be improved and I'm sure MB has some ideas about how to change and improve the new SG format.  With each new season... with each new project... we have the opportunity to enjoy more of what we love to watch - shooting.  Wednesday is my favorite TV evening.  MB, thank you and keep up the good work.

Geez, don't get you're panties in a wad. I was KIDDING. I have the greatest respect and admiration for what Michael Bane has done for the shooting sports and the second amendment. I just hope the show takes a different direction next season.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk