Author Topic: IDEA FOR NEW SHOW  (Read 10102 times)

Rob10ring

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: IDEA FOR NEW SHOW
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2008, 05:13:02 PM »
Great idea! Don't know if it'd make a whole series, but an occasional episode or segment.

5 years ago, a bagger at the grocery store where my wife works went nuts and went on a killing rampage with a katana, or some kind of samurai sword. One of the responding officers entered the store with an AR and located the suspect down one of the aisles. When the suspect charged, the officer fired 2 rounds, mortally wounding the attacker.

I was told last week by one of my friends at the department that this officer is now nearly deaf from firing these rounds in the confined grocery aisle.

This came up, because we were discussing how suppressors made a lot of sense in a home defense scenario. My restrictive State of Kalifornia would never allow it, but a common lawful use has been identified by the results of the officer's sacrifice and maybe there's another dumb law that we need to get rid of.

1776 Rebel

Re: IDEA FOR NEW SHOW
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:12:21 AM »
I was told last week by one of my friends at the department that this officer is now nearly deaf from firing these rounds in the confined grocery aisle.

I did a similar thing a couple months back. My range has an underground 100 yard rifle tube. I was breaking in an AR and doing the one shot - clean - one shot - clean thingy. Well somewhere in that sequence I forget to put my ear muffs back on. Well, one shot and my ears were ringing for a couple of weeks. I can fully imagine in a SD situation in a house at nite having serious consequences to your hearing.

My suggestion for a SG show is on OTHER technology. Hearing protection(see above !), body armor, range technology (SNAIL Systems, target tech etc)would be neat along with lead remediation.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk