Author Topic: The Rise of the Little .22  (Read 15283 times)

Overload

• Lefty Expert
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Rise of the Little .22
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 09:09:21 PM »
Two things stuck out at me:
1) on the Caldwell shooting gallery, every time it was shot the orange stickers seemed to fly off.
2) on the Kimber 1911/22, there was a shot of its muzzle as it ripped through a magazine, and that hole looked huge!
We have seen the future: and it's expensive. -Michael Bane
Home of the Tickle Me Pamela Anderson. -Michael Bane
Weasels are the switchblade-carrying psychos of the animal world, the meanest creatures on the planet by aggression-level-to-body-weight ratio. -Marko Kloos

Overload in Colorado

From the Mailbox

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2009, 04:03:43 PM »

Date: 3/11/2009 3:46:33 PM
Subject: just wanted to say

Michael Bane:
last week's the show on .22lr was really good
i wish that i would have recorded it

i was thinking about getting a S&W 617 but I think I am going to get a ruger charger instead.

wpasko
DRTV, Shooting Gallery & Cowboys receive 100s of emails daily. Some are posted on this forum so our members can reply and make comments. Unfortunately, we are not able to answer them all, but we do try. Thank you. DRTV Staff.

dj454

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 11:13:16 AM »
I also loved the show I think I enjoy .22 shooting more than anything now my .22 wish is a mile long now. Every time they have a new shooting gallery about .22's I find more .22's I didn't know I needed until I saw the show. My only problem now is finding my favorite bulk .22 ammo in stock. I am running low and I can't find any I guess I will have to buy the more expensive ammo.

Michael Bane

• Global Moderator
  • Top Forum Member
  • Host & Editor-in-chief
    • michaelBane.tv
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2009, 11:37:36 AM »
OL, the Caldwell shooting gallery came with stick-on orange targets, which we promptly shot off. The aluminum-framed Kimber has a slightly recessed muzzle to make it look like a .45.

I'm a big fan of training with a .22, which is why I did the show. Especially in these grim times. I'm crazy about the Tac-Sol AR-15 conversion unit...it's just too much fun! So much so I'm thinking of taking on some promotional duties for Tac-Sol to help them out.

This spring/summer I'm building a small shooting range on some property I own; I figure mostly .22s will keep the neighbors at bay. I'm working my Sweetie up to her first cowboy match with a couple of Single Sixes and a Henry Golden Boy .22 lever gun (the one from the show).

Michael B
Michael Bane, Majordomo @ MichaelBane.TV

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 878
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2009, 12:17:55 PM »
I haven't bought or used a metal reactive target that didn't come with stickers, and I haven't had a target sticker that would stay on yet.  That is why they make spray paint.  They make some really nice day glow green and orange if you get sick of basic white.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

Sponsor

« Reply #15 on: Today at 11:54:00 AM »

oujeffscar

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 02:31:18 PM »
I really enjoyed your show on 22s.  Keep up the good work.  I too was really impressed by the Nordic components/Tactical solutions 22, so much so that I have ordered everything I need to build one.  I think my 12 year old son and I will have a lot of fun assembling and shooting it.

The first question, I have relates to the optics used on the Tac Sol and the AR22.  The gentleman you had on your show seemed to have quite the pedigree and I am very curious to know what optics he was running on these rifles.

Secondly, I have never had the opputunity to shoot steel targets. I live out in the country and am considering building a small shooting range.  If I were to use steel targets as shown on your show, what considerations have to be made for ricochets?

atmiller

• Very Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2009, 05:48:55 PM »
Advantage Arms had a .22 conversion for the XD at the 2007 SHOT Show, but dropped the project.  They said they were too busy with their 1911 and Glock kits. 

ronterry

• Forum Member
  • Where ever you go, there you are?
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2009, 03:00:11 PM »
As a reloader I'm not taking the hit on ammo cost nearly as much as others, however I still envy the 22 guys not having the kill there backs policing the area for their brass! :P

Was out shooting with my dad the other day, and I had my accurized AR15 w/bull barrel, Bushnell 4200 24x mil-dot, RR trigger, basically the works, and he had an old 22 Mag with a cheap weaver 4x. At 50 yards the only difference was the noise! So I have nothing but love for the 22 rimfires.

I'm sure MB had to do some good editing on this episode, cause I caught two or three jams ;D  It's a give and take universe...
None the less, I'll be in the market for a nice 22LR conversion for my AR... Till then, you'll find me dredging the berms at my local range for lead.

Ron

----------------------
Ron

DavidC77

• Active Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2009, 06:27:06 PM »
I love 22's !!!

I have Ruger 10/22's, Ruger MK II's, Ruger MK III"s. My next 22 is going to be a Ruger 6 shooter, I saw one down at Cabela's yesterday so I have to start putting more coin in my mad money jar now  ;D  ;)  ;D.

"Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway" John Wayne

tombogan03884

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2009, 12:25:49 AM »
I love 22's !!!

I have Ruger 10/22's, Ruger MK II's, Ruger MK III"s. My next 22 is going to be a Ruger 6 shooter, I saw one down at Cabela's yesterday so I have to start putting more coin in my mad money jar now  ;D  ;)  ;D.

Spend the extra for the spare 22 Mag cylinder that way you have a bit more versatility.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk