Author Topic: Important Suggestion for Show Topic  (Read 5077 times)

carrtrouble

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Important Suggestion for Show Topic
« on: March 28, 2012, 10:59:26 PM »
My second concealed carry instructor brought up a point about me when he was talking about the 24' line where you can still run instead of fight.  I have physical issues that leave me unable to run, and I'm also weaker than most.  He said that my "safety distance" would be quite a  bit further than most people's.
Watching your show, I haven't seen you cover the issues that handicapped people face when carrying.  The rules to follow may need to change depending on the person's challenges.
I suggest a show covering some alternatives for these people.  Your folks are in good shape and a lot of what they do to protect themselves, I and many others would not be able to do.
I hope you'll consider this.  If you need any suggestions or thoughts, feel free to contact me. :)

curulz

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
Re: Important Suggestion for Show Topic
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 08:09:40 PM »
they did do a Limited Mobility Show in Season 2 (I believe).  at some point it could be replayed, or better yet get the DVD!

I remember one of the scenarios dealt with walking canes....how to use them while carrying and how to use them as an offensive/defensive weapon.  The jist of it was know what you can and can't do, and adapt the standard training to your unique situation.....and of course, practice

Michael Janich

• CO-HOST ON BEST DEFENSE
  • Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 09:48:22 PM »
Dear Cartrouble:

Curulz is correct. We did a show dedicated to the topic of self-defense for those with physical limitations during season 3. In it, we described the logical process of determining what abilities you do have, how to make the best use of them, and, most importantly, how to use awareness and avoidance to keep from having to use physical skills. With the latter point in mind, in every scenario we do, we typically conclude with an avoidance-based solution. If you have limited physical abilities, that is the version of the scenario you should study most and use for the basis of your personal tactics.

As for DVDs, the last I heard, season 3 will not be made available; however, there are plans for some type of on-line presence for previous seasons. I'm sure once it's all ready, it will be announced here.

I hope this helps.

Stay safe,

Mike

TXUSAMAN

• Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 08:46:33 PM »
I was so glad to see this topic.  I have been thinking about this a lot lately.  I only have a bad knee but it could definitely affect how I might be able to react in certain situations.  Thanks for bringing it up. 

JC5123

• Top Forum Member
  • Fortune sides with him who dares.
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 04:20:32 PM »

As for DVDs, the last I heard, season 3 will not be made available;

HUH!?!?!?!? Was there any reason given for that decision?
I am a member of my nation's chosen soldiery.
God grant that I may not be found wanting,
that I will not fail this sacred trust.

Sponsor

« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:46:29 PM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk