Author Topic: RV Tips & Tricks  (Read 4372 times)

billt

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
Re: RV Tips & Tricks
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2018, 07:21:06 AM »
Maybe I’ll buy a boat so at least I’ll be happy on day one and happier when I sell it...

LOL

When we moved from the Chicago area to Lake Havasu City, Az. I pulled our 21' StarCraft all the way, behind the 26' diesel U-Haul we rented. We ended up keeping it for 2 years before we traded it in on a pair of Jet Ski's, which we enjoyed a lot more. I was 38 when we moved out there back in 1991.

We kept the Jet Ski's until we moved to the Phoenix area in 1997. They were easier to launch and maintain. And they used far less fuel than the 2-Stroke 235 H.P. V-6 outboard we had on the StarCraft. Plus we each had our own, which made using them more enjoyable. Launching and retrieving them was a breeze.

I've thought about getting a Aluminum boat with a 10 H.P. Just to get out on the water and fish or cruise around with the dog and get some Sun. But even those all water ready run $6K or more. (Cabela's always has 3 or 4 parked out front). These toys have all gotten really expensive in the last 20 years.

Timothy

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2018, 08:33:53 AM »
I could buy a fully equipped bass boat for the price of a mid range jet ski!

Yea, it won’t be a Ranger or Nitro but I don’t need that...

Big Frank

• NRA Benefactor Member
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1103
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »
The cheapest part of owning a boat is the day you purchase it... then it starts to get expensive.

BOAT: Break Out Another Thousand.

A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.
""It may be laid down as a primary position, and the basis of our system, that every Citizen who enjoys the protection of a free Government, owes not only a proportion of his property, but even his personal services to the defence of it, and consequently that the Citizens of America (with a few legal and official exceptions) from 18 to 50 Years of Age should be borne on the Militia Rolls, provided with uniform Arms, and so far accustomed to the use of them, that the Total strength of the Country might be called forth at a Short Notice on any very interesting Emergency." - George Washington. Letter to Alexander Hamilton, Friday, May 02, 1783

THE RIGHT TO BUY WEAPONS IS THE RIGHT TO BE FREE - A. E. van Vogt, The Weapon Shops of Isher

Timothy

RV Tips & Tricks
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2018, 04:27:55 PM »
I get the boat thing but I’m a guy who can fix or repair literally anything and it doesn’t bother me.

I’ve owned them, fixed em, dove into 50 ft of dark lake bottom to retrieve a prop, etc...

Granted, I’m not 22 anymore but still..  besides, if I don’t spend it, Mrs. Sea Spy’ll piss it away anyway!

Rastus

• Mindlessness Fuels Tyranny
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 577
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2018, 06:36:04 AM »
<snip>
Granted, I’m not 22 anymore but still..  besides, if I don’t spend it, Mrs. Sea Spy’ll piss it away anyway!

I feel your pain.....
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom.
It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
-William Pitt, British Prime-Minister (1759-1806)
                                                                                                                               Avoid subjugation, join the NRA!

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:09:19 AM »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk