Author Topic: Elite Tactical Unit  (Read 6587 times)

tombogan03884

Re: Elite Tactical Unit
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 08:57:02 AM »
It's probably an OC thing.

MikeBjerum

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 879
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »
Serious Comment Alert:

These people are supposed to be on SWAT teams?

It looked to me as only a couple of them could even shoot, which I would think would be the primary skill required.

Or maybe kicking in doors or stomping on kittens  is more important.

GB

I agree 100%

I look at their skill set, and am appalled!  I am in my mid 50's, overweight by more than a little, and out of shape.  However, even with movement I can connect with a target better than them, and I have the competition results to prove it. 

I believe that they were chosen for their personal stories and diversity, their physical conditioning is basic, but it must be team skills as opposed to individual skills that got them on the show.
If I appear taller than other men it is because I am standing on the shoulders of others.

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 12:36:35 PM »
So today's Wednesday - I've made so me observations on Wednesday "night" at the range (I watch at work so it's 11:09 MST right now)

I have a very hard time watching The Best Defense as I have this aversion to Mike Seeklander - he was so hyped on Top Shot and was the first fail that I think it prejudiced me from that day one. 

I don't know the guy - I just don't like him on the show, so I am not watching it.
I miss Rob Pincus he was a much more personable person on the show and here on the forums.
other than that I watch the show but do not listen to Mike S. (stupid I know.... but none the less - that's how it goes)

Mike J. Your good......  ;D

And right after TBD, ETU came on and I figured I'd give it a go, simply because I ragged it out on day one.
Know what?
IT STILL SUCKS

Their name for immunity (as all "reality" shows apparently need now to be "REAL") I was begging for a Silver Bullet (not the Coors Light) straight to the temple.

It got so bad I had to change it to Fox news.
YAH... THAT bad.

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 04:31:41 PM »
Don't hold back......tell us how you really feel......  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Solus

• Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 43
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 05:32:05 PM »
It's not really bad till you change to NBC News.
Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
—Patrick Henry

"Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters."
— Daniel Webster

Sponsor

« Reply #25 on: Today at 09:58:12 PM »

PegLeg45

• NRA Life, SAF, Constitutionalist
  • Top Forum Member
  • DRTV Ranger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1030
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 10:04:26 PM »
I tried....I really did. I had three episodes DVR'ed just in case I had nothing else to watch..... I started one this afternoon after re-reading this thread and can honestly say the highlight of the whole thing was Jesse Duff in that red dress (whoa momma!!).

At any rate, as much as I love anything to do with shooting, I gotta stick with RTFM....
I erased the remaining episodes from the DVR before they contaminated any of the other shows.
"I expect perdition, I always have. I keep this building at my back, and several guns handy, in case perdition arrives in a form that's susceptible to bullets. I expect it will come in the disease form, though. I'm susceptible to diseases, and you can't shoot a damned disease." ~ Judge Roy Bean, Streets of Laredo

For the Patriots of this country, the Constitution is second only to the Bible for most. For those who love this country, but do not share my personal beliefs, it is their Bible. To them nothing comes before the Constitution of these United States of America. For this we are all labeled potential terrorists. ~ Dean Garrison

"When it comes to the enemy, just because they ain't pullin' a trigger, doesn't mean they ain't totin' ammo for those that are."~PegLeg

Paraguy

• Top Forum Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 09:11:24 AM »
So today's Wednesday - I've made so me observations on Wednesday "night" at the range (I watch at work so it's 11:09 MST right now)

I have a very hard time watching The Best Defense as I have this aversion to Mike Seeklander - he was so hyped on Top Shot and was the first fail that I think it prejudiced me from that day one. 

I don't know the guy - I just don't like him on the show, so I am not watching it.
I miss Rob Pincus he was a much more personable person on the show and here on the forums.
other than that I watch the show but do not listen to Mike S. (stupid I know.... but none the less - that's how it goes)

Mike J. Your good......  ;D

And right after TBD, ETU came on and I figured I'd give it a go, simply because I ragged it out on day one.
Know what?
IT STILL SUCKS

Their name for immunity (as all "reality" shows apparently need now to be "REAL") I was begging for a Silver Bullet (not the Coors Light) straight to the temple.

It got so bad I had to change it to Fox news.
YAH... THAT bad.

You are entitled to your opinion, but have to say I really like Mike Seeklander and feel he adds a lot of credibility to the show.  His experience is exceptional, his insights are very helpful and his integrity level is very high.  Also, he interacts well with Michael J and they compliment each other nicely given their diverse backgrounds and skill sets.  That said, Pincus was excellent as well.  Although not perfect, it needs to be remembered that everything that happens on TBD is new and has never been done before, and their budget probably ain't what is should be.
Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people.

RTFM

• Top Forum Member
  • NRA Life member 2015
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 11:35:25 AM »
It is kind of strange how I now watch (if I watch) TBD which is sad because I LOVE that show.
But if MS is on I surf for 3 min then flash back - if not on I'll watch. If still talking - flash back to teletubbies or Yo gabba gabba
I'm pretty much just looking for Mike Janich sections now to give me my TBD

Totally unreasonable I know, but I doubt I'll ever look at MS as anyone in my "GOTO" information list, so I just don't bother trying.
It happens.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk